University Jobs in Japan may not be easy to come by like random high school jobs, so this post has been specifically compiled to bring all the latest vacancies you can apply for as a foreigner, especially if you wish to work in Japan.
Teaching at a Japan university has so much to offer you it will lift your spirit as a lecturer or teacher and also improve your skills as well.
Now proceed below to get all the latest information regarding University jobs in Japan, such as the requirements, salaries, vacancies, and application link to apply for any interested position.
In teaching activities in universities, you will provide the professional training for high-level jobs, as well as the education necessary for the development of different personality.
You will gain so much experience, and it is rewarding to teach in intensive or particular skills-focused programs, where the students are quite driven.
Pay is one of the biggest reasons to switch to university teaching. All universities have their own pay scales, but it is not unusual to earn between ¥4.5-6 million per year in a standard contract position, In short, you need at least a master’s degree to teach at a university in Japan.
Since universities are essentially research institutions, most ask for proof of academic publications. Some might relax this requirement for demonstrated knowledge in a particular field or for other reasons.
Available University Jobs In Japan For Foreigners
Different universities in Japan seek qualified and highly educated and degree-holding individuals to join them at several locations.
The vacancies will be specified alongside their universities.
1. Tenure-Track or Tenured Faculty Position in International Relations/U.S. Politics and Foreign Policy and International Law/International Organizations
Tokyo International University (TIU) offers undergraduate and graduate programs both in Japanese and English.
The English track degree program, called E-Track and taught entirely in English, attracts students from Japan and around the world.
The position Tokyo International University is seeking to hire full-time Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professors (tenure or tenure-track) in 1) U.S. Politics and Foreign Policy and 2) International Law/International Organizations.
The appointment will start either April 1, 2023, or September 1, 2023 (negotiable)
Successful candidates should already hold a Ph.D. or have a Ph.D. in social science, political science, international relations, or other related areas in hand by the time of employment, a strong publication record or demonstrated potential for active scholarly engagement, and an ability to teach students (both undergraduate and graduate) with a diverse cultural background in the university’s English Track Degree Program.
Candidates should submit the following documents by Google Form.
- Cover letter of application
- Curriculum vitae (please include your complete contact details and contact information of three references-references that will not be contacted without first notifying the applicant.)
- Copy of diploma or transcript showing proof of Ph.D. or enrollment in a Ph.D. program
2. Tenure Track Associate Professor or Assistant Professor in Sociology
We are pleased to announce that the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) College of Asia Pacific Studies in Japan has opened a tenure track position at an associate professor or an assistant professor level.
The College of Asia Pacific Studies is an equal opportunity employer. They look forward to receiving applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and work experience.
Subjects and Duties
Can teach at least three of the following undergraduate subjects
- Common Liberal Arts Subjects
Introduction to Culture and Society, etc. *Including first-year education subjects
- Major Education Subjects
Any of the following: Social Theory, Advanced Sociology, Transnational Sociology, Sociology Candidate is required to be able to teach in English.
The successful candidate may also be asked to teach graduate school subjects. Other subjects to teach will be decided upon consultation with the successful candidate and considering their professional experience, research fields, interests, and educational needs of the university.
Duties include conducting research, publishing in peer-reviewed journals, supervising students’ research and projects, and providing service to the college.
- Possesses a doctoral degree (or is scheduled to obtain one within one year of appointment) and has peer-reviewed academic publications.
- Possesses a master’s degree and at least five years of practical experience in a company, government agency, or international organization, etc., and has experience in publishing books and articles in the field of sociology or closely related fields.
- Be fluent in English. (Ability to teach both in English and Japanese is an advantage but not required.)
- Show the ability and willingness to work in a culturally and academically diverse school.
- Show commitment to assurance of learning and meeting the standards for accreditations.
3. Assistant professor
We are pleased to announce that the Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University (APU) Education Development and Learning Support Center (EDLSC) in Japan has opened three assistant professor positions.
They look forward to receiving applications from individuals with diverse backgrounds and work experiences.
Job Title: Assistant professor (3 positions)
Main work contents
- Develop unique courses and programs related to first-year education at the EDLSC (Education Development and Learning Support Center). More concretely, teach first-year education, peer leadership, and international education courses.
- Development and implementation of courses and programs for first-year education.
- Develop and implement courses and programs for peer leadership education (student leader development).
- Development and implementation of courses and programs for international education
- Coordination of first-year education courses
Application Requirements for this position Applicants must meet all of the following criteria, (1) through (3) and be able to start working from April 2023.
- A doctoral degree in a related field is preferred, but a master’s degree is also acceptable.
- Having proper research achievements and educational experiences for first-year education and educational development, including the fields of first-year education, international education (particularly the practice of intercultural education), and/or educational technology (instructional methods, instructional design, and learning assessment).
- Must be able to conduct classes in English or Japanese.
- Ability to teach in both Japanese and English is desirable.
4. Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in International Law
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor in International Law focuses on international institutional law and international organization.
Location: Tokyo, Japan
This is a full-time, tenure-track position for an initial five-year term. The term may be shortened to three years, depending on previous experience.
If tenure is approved at the end of the term, the position will be made permanent, and promotion to the rank of Associate Professor will be granted.
5. Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor in Public Policy
International Christian University is pleased to announce an open search for a full-time faculty position in the Department of Politics and International Studies with a particular focus on policy studies.
The successful applicant is expected to teach general education, foundation, and area major courses in the College of Liberal Arts, as well as courses in the Graduate School. They strongly encourage applications from female candidates.
- A ph.D. in Political Science or a related field is required
- Language of instruction: English, or English and Japanese
- Starting Date: April 1, 2023, or September 1, 2023
To apply for any of the above vacancies, proceed below and click on the link now!
The Salary Of University Lecturers In Japan
A person working as a Lecturer in Japan typically earns around 732,000 JPY monthly.
Salaries range from 366,000 JPY (lowest) to 1,130,000 JPY (highest).
The average monthly salary includes housing, transport, and other benefits.
Conclusion On University Jobs In Japan For Foreigners 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of University Jobs In Japan For Foreigners 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a lovely place like Japan.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of University Jobs In Japan For Foreigners 2023/2024; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the University Jobs In Japan For Foreigners in 2023/2024 for foreigners to start applying for.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like University Jobs In Japan For Foreigners 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.