Truck driver jobs in Houston with No Experience are in high demand, and if you have a passion for driving, you can choose from the variety of truck driver jobs here in this post.
The Truck driving job gives you other benefits as well, like flexibility. Many well-known Houston transport and logistics companies now offer flexible working hours with a salary perk.
Truck driver jobs in Houston with No Experience are unskilled and don’t require much process; however, understand the duties meted out for the vacancies before applying.
Houston is a large metropolis in Texas, extending to Galveston Bay. It’s closely linked with the Space Center Houston, the coastal visitor centre at NASA’s astronaut training and flight control complex. The city’s relatively compact Downtown includes the Theater District, home to the renowned Houston Grand Opera, and the Historic District, with 19th-century architecture and upscale restaurants.
A truck driver is someone who earns a living driving a truck, transporting goods and materials over land. They typically go to and from retail and distribution centres or manufacturing plants, working any hours of the day or night. They provide an essential service to industrialized societies. While trucking isn’t a great career choice for everyone, for some, it can be a fantastic way to work and live. To enjoy the job, however, you have to enjoy the ‘lifestyle’ of living on the road, as trucking is more of a lifestyle than it is a typical job.
Driving a big truck is different from driving a conventional vehicle. The driver has to know what to do when going up or down a steep grade so the brakes will not overheat and know how to keep a load from shifting on a curve. There are many gears in the transmission; the average rig (18-footer) has ten forward drive gears and two reverse drive gears, with some rigs having nine, 13, 15 or 18 gears. The truck weighs 20 to 30 times more than a car and is typically 70 to 80 feet long (including the cab).
A Truck Driver, or Transporter, is responsible for transporting goods from one location to another. Their job duties include loading their vehicles, abiding by traffic laws and ensuring safe unloading and delivery at their destination.
Truck Driver often works independently, rarely interacting with others on their delivery travels. However, sometimes they may work alongside Warehouse Workers, who unload and load items into trucks where the drivers operate.
- Plan routes to meet delivery schedules.
- Supervise loading and unloading of cargo off the truck and ensure cargo is secured.
- Follow all state and national large truck driving safety regulations and standards.
- Complete documentation for mileage and cargo; keep track of mileage, fuel, and toll expenses; confirm inventory matches shipping documents.
- Refuel the vehicle and check or replace oil as needed.
- Inspect trucks daily for damage or maintenance problems.
- Report any accidents or vehicle issues encountered while driving to supervisors.
- Maintain vehicle equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Valid and current Commercial Driver’s License (CDL).
- 2+ years of professional driving experience or related work experience.
- Must have a clean driving record with no recent moving violations.
- Proficient at driving, manoeuvring, and parking large vehicles.
- Physically fit and able to sit for long periods, perform truck maintenance, and lift 25 pounds comfortably.
- Candidate should be dependable, hardworking and an effective communicator.
- Able to work nights, weekends, extended hours, and holidays as needed.
Salary Truck Driving Jobs In Houston No Experience.
The average salary for a Truck Driver in Houston, TX, is $44,500 per year.
How To Apply For Truck Driving Jobs In Houston No Experience.
The list below states the steps on how to apply for a Truck Driving Jobs In Houston with No Experience;
- When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
- You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
- Review the job advertisement and role description.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
- Select the ‘Apply Online button.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
- Check your junk or spam folders if you don’t receive a confirmation email.
Conclusion On Truck Driving Jobs In Houston No Experience.
In conclusion to this post, One should realize the responsibilities, skills, and licenses needed to qualify for a Truck Driver Jobs In Houston. Click on the “Apply” button above to secure a chance to be a truck driver.
As you get updates about Truck Driving Jobs In Houston with No Experience in 2023/2024, please bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.
Here at Aimglo, we provide you with Recruitment, Scholarship you need, and Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment; share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: March 28, 2023
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers, just like Truck Driving Jobs In Houston No Experience 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.
Feel relaxed as you are entitled to the authentic information on this page about the Truck Driving Jobs In Houston No Experience 2023/2024.