It is said that knowledge is critical, and the place where it is gotten is in schools. And most of the time, this acquired knowledge is to be tested, just like the Test of English Foreign Language Exam(TOEFL).
The Test of English Foreign Language exam is essential, and the benefits are beautiful when done. First, the base salary is excellent, and the TOEFL qualifications set up more effective career options and can propel you towards roles you may have never considered.
Are you looking to start your career in an English-speaking country? This post will critically address the necessary aspects of the English Foreign Language Exam.
TOEFL Exam Description
Test of English as a Foreign Language is a standardized test to measure the English language ability of non-native speakers wishing to enroll in English-speaking universities. The test is accepted by more than 11,000 universities and other institutions in over 190 countries and territories.
TOEFL is one of several major English-language tests in the world, including IELTS, Cambridge Assessment English, and Trinity College London exams. The TOEFL iBT test is the world’s most accepted English-language test for study, work, and immigration.
More universities and institutions prefer it, so you can be confident you’ll stand out to admissions officers where it counts. Compared to standardized tests such as the SAT, ACT, and GRE, the TOEFL is generally considered easier (assuming you have strong English skills) since it focuses more on testing those skills than testing your knowledge of mathematical equations or nuances in writing.
The TOEFL iBT test aims to evaluate the English proficiency of people whose native language is not English. TOEFL iBT scores are primarily used to measure international student’s ability to use English in an academic environment. It is essential to know that the TOEFL iBT test is offered more than 60 times yearly at authorized test centers worldwide.
Types of TOEFL Test
TOEFL iBT Test
- The TOEFL iBT test is scored on a scale of 0 to 120.
- Each of the four sections (Reading, Listening, Speaking, and Writing) receives a scaled score from 0 to 30. The scaled scores from the four sections are added together to determine the total score.
- The reading and listening sections are tested first, followed by a ten-minute break. The speaking and writing sections are then completed following the break. A maximum of 203 minutes is allowed to complete the exam process.
- Each speaking question is initially given a raw score of 0 to 4, with a 1-point increment, and each writing question is initially given a raw score of 0.0 to 5.0, with a 0.5-point increment. These scores are converted to scaled scores of 0 to 30.
Paper-based Test (PBT)
- The final PBT score ranges between 0 and 677 and is based on three subscores: Listening (0–68), Structure (0–68), and Reading (0–67). The minimum possible score is 310, which corresponds to 31 scores for each section. Unlike the CBT, the Writing component score (referred to as the Test of Written English, TWE) is not part of the final score; instead, it is reported separately on a scale of 0–6.
- The score test takers receive on the Listening, Structure, and Reading parts of the TOEFL test is not the percentage of correct answers. The score is converted to consider that some tests are more complex than others. The converted scores correct these differences. Therefore, the converted score is a more accurate reflection of the ability than the raw score is.
- The TOEFL PBT was discontinued at the end of May 2017. Official testing in areas without internet or computers now uses the TOEFL PDT.
General ID Document Requirements
With few exceptions, ID documents must meet all of the following requirements. Each ID document must:
- Be an original document; photocopied documents are not acceptable, and documents cannot be presented on a mobile phone or any other electronic device
- Be a physical ID; an electronic ID issued to a mobile phone or any other electronic device is not acceptable
- Be a government-issued national/state/province identity card issued and recognized by the country where you are a citizen or resident..
- Be valid; expired documents are not acceptable..
- Include your full name and date of birth exactly matching the name and date of birth you used to register, excluding accents or diacritical marks
- Include a recent, recognizable photograph
- Include your signature (the name on the ID and the signature name must match).
Unacceptable ID Documents
The following documents are not acceptable as primary or supplemental ID under any circumstances:
- International driver’s license
- Mobile drdriver’sicense
- Draft cladriver’sion card
- International student ID
- Credit/debit card of any kind
- Notary-prepared letter or document
- Birth certificate
- Social Security card
- Employee ID card
- Any temporary ID card
- Diplomatic, consulate,, or embassy ID card
- Note: If your ID document is not written in English-language letters and the test center administrator cannot read it, you may not be able to take the test, and your test fee will not be refunded.
Unable to Meet ID Requirements
If you have been granted political asylum, have refugee status,, or are otherwise unable to meet the ID requirements, you must contact the ETS Office of Testing Integrity (OTI) at least seven days before registering. You must receive approval from OTI before you register. Be prepared to submit any requested documents for review. If you don’t contact OTI and don’t take the test or your scores aren’t canceled, your test fee will not be refunded.
TOEFL Exam Fee
The test fee for the TOEFL Essentials test is always between US$100–$120, depending on the specific location. And one can pay via credit card, eCheck, PayPal ®, voucher, paper check, or money order. It is always advised to look up your location to view the test fee.
TOEFL Test Question
The TOEFL can be a practice test by clicking on it here.
Essential Things to Know When You Register
- Information regarding the test center and test date availability are subject to change. The most current information regarding test centers, dates, and other registration information is available through your ETS account.
- Not all test centers are open on all test dates.
- When you select a date range and general location, you will see a list of test centers in that area. If you are
- If looking for a specific center that is not listed, try a different date range.
- During registration, you can select up to 4 free score recipients. See “Choosing Score Recipients” o” page 15.
- Register early; “test dates can fill up quickly.
- Take the test as soon as possible so your scores will be received in time to be considered with your application(s).
- Registration is not transferable. You can’t let someone else use yocan’tst appointment.
- Walk-in registration is not available.
- Return to your ETS account the day before your test to check your appointment details online or via the app. Changes, such as a different building or start time, may have been made.
To learn more about the TOEFL exam, click on the link below;
Conclusion On TOEFL Exam
The TOEFL Exam is of great importance to every student to study at their preferred colleges. As mentioned above, the TOEFL Exam requires you to be fully prepared before the examination. As you get updates about TOEFL Exam 2022/2023, please bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like The TOEFL Exam 2022/2023, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.