Due to the large percentage of Norwegians that speaks English in Norway, there is actually 100% of you getting a job in Norway as an English Speaker without going through stress.
Norwegians are usually motivated by personal development, a good working environment, and friendly colleagues; hence as a foreigner, you won’t have trouble adjusting.
Take note that an English Speaker who wishes to migrate to Norway to work must meet certain requirements; however, all the details pertaining to that will be highlighted.
If you wish to get a job in Norway as an English Speaker, either as a foreigner or as a citizen of Norway, then go ahead and surf through the ongoing vacancies.
English is commonly spoken in Norway as a second language, with 90% of Norwegians speaking it; many jobs are available for English speakers.
It is possible to get a job throughout Norway and in most sectors without speaking Norwegian. The types of jobs available are almost unlimited. And you can find skilled and unskilled work in almost every sector.
Norway is a big player in the oil and gas and offshore industry, and this is one of the most significant private-sector employment segments in the country.
Specialist workers, engineers, marine crew, offshore caterers, and cleaning crew are always needed, and there is a steady stream of non-Norwegians on and offshore. But be warned, this is a highly competitive sector, and each job can have hundreds of applicants.
Available Jobs In Norway For English Speakers
If you are seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress. Join Baker Hughes and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you!
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other characteristics protected by law.
There are over 24 jobs within Baker Hughes for English speakers to apply for it is an international company based on the English Language, and they are all in different sectors, so ensure to apply for one.
The Latest Vacancies include;
1. Rental Planner
As a rental planner, you will be responsible for planning and ensuring the asset maintenance activities are scheduled and completed within the project need date.
Develop the operational plan and schedule assets for maintenance according to internal regulations and standards. Presenting the overall work across the supporting function to evaluate constraints and priorities.
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Tertiary qualified with accreditation with relevant and the ability to demonstrate experience in services and forecasting
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to influence and negotiate with others and lead small teams
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Effectively problem-solves and identifies with resolution skills
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
2. Logistics Coordinator
You will be responsible for facilitating transactions, producing, assembling, and delivering replacement/repair parts and equipment as part of a services agreement or order.
Includes activities such as processing transactions, managing processes, material management, site operations, or warehouse logistics & shipping, sometimes in a shop structure.
- Have Oil and Gas or other relevant industry experience.
- Have a Forklift certificate T1, T2, T4, & T8.
- Have good English, both written and verbal.
- Have completed Packing Course NOG116.
- Have completed a certificate or apprenticeship in Logistics.
3. Mechanical Engineer
As a Mechanical Engineer, you will take ownership of products and tasks within complex Oil & Gas Subsea Control Systems. The Hydro-Mechanical Engineer is characterized by self-motivation and a continuous improvement mindset.
In this role, you will demonstrate Technical ownership of Mechanical Engineering tasks within the SPS Mechanical Engineering department.
- Have a Degree in Mechanical Engineering OR Engineering Certificate
- Have Subsea and or Offshore design experience
- Have experience and knowledge of the design and operation of Hydraulic Control Systems
- Have a good understanding of hazardous area (ATEX, IECEx) requirements and component selection
- Have a continuous improvement mindset
- Have sound computer base knowledge (MS Word/Excel/Outlook/CAD)
- Have good language and communication skills in English
4. Summer Internship – Warehouse & Yard
As a Summer Intern – Warehouse & Yard, you will be responsible for the following;
- Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Possess basic written communication skills.
- Basic PC skills.
- The work environment is very fast-paced and noisy. It is one of constant movement while performing the duties of this job.
- The employee must be able to operate a forklift while loading or unloading freight.
- Work contains packing and loading-unloading baskets and containers on trucks.
- Provide service between workshops.
- This will mainly be forklift operations.
- Loading and unloading truck.
5. Lead Sourcing Specialist
The Sourcing Team supports innovation and collaboration across national, regional, and global projects. Managing the complete supply chain and engaging in the Sourcing management process to achieve the best contractual conditions and optimum outcomes.
- Previous Sourcing or Category Management experience, preferably in Oil & Gas
- Previous responsibility for large spend
- Team leadership or supervisor experience
- To be able to work with Ariba and SAP fluently.
- To be able to manage a complex and diverse workload.
- Being capable of defining and improving sourcing strategies at the business or plant level.
- Owning sourcing projects from start to implementation.
- To be an excellent communicator both internally and externally
- Strong commercial contract and negotiation skills
- Excellent data analysis capabilities and highly skilled in databases and desktop tools
- Tertiary qualified, with an excellent experience in procurement, sourcing, or category management. CIPS or other industry certifications are also beneficial.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, both fluent in Norwegian and English.
There are other vacancies within Baker Hughes, and if you wish to access all of them and apply for any of the mentioned ones above, kindly refer to the link below.
Salary Of English Speakers In Norway
The average wage for the accommodation and food services industry (a very common English-speaking sector) is only 33,340kr (3850 USD).
Conclusion On-Jobs In Norway For English Speakers 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Jobs In Norway For English Speakers, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Jobs In Norway For English Speakers; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start and continue your passion.
The article above gives crucial information about the Jobs In Norway For English Speakers 2023/2024 for high school students to start applying.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Jobs In Norway For English Speakers 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.