Professional English Teacher
- Employer Type: Direct Hire
- Industry: Education / Teaching
- Salary: ¥6,000 – ¥12,000 / Day
- English Level: Native level
- Japanese Level: Not necessary
- Restricted to Domestic Applicants?: Japan only
- Visa Sponsorship: No
- English: Native, Japanese: None
- Minimum 2 years of English teaching experience in Japan to children (7 to 17 years old).
- Currently living in Tokyo or near Tokyo.
- Must have a proper visa to work in Japan
- Good at using IT (make lesson records online, upload the video, and use apps)
- Certificates of English teaching (TESOL, TEFL, CELTA）
We want to create future leaders
Here in Japan, English teaching is a market of more than 800 billion yen. Many adults desire to learn English but are not successful. The main root of this problem lies in the education system, which hasn’t changed for the past 30 years. English education in schools revolves entirely on “teaching to the test”, focusing on grammar and English-to-Japanese translation exercises, which are easy to grade and only prepare children for University entrance exams. However, companies need someone who can actually use English in real life, not just someone who can score high on standardized tests. We should not repeat the same mistake we made in the past with the young generations. This is why we strive to expand the children’s opportunities by providing the best English learning solution.
●What is our goal
Our goal is to maximize children’s possibilities. English education in schools revolves entirely on “teaching to the test,” focusing on grammar and English-to-Japanese translation exercises, which are easy to grade and only prepare children for University entrance exams. However, companies need someone who can use English in real life, not just score high on standardized tests. We want to fill the educational gap between society and the current educational system (elementary to university). When our students graduate, they will have speaking/writing skills to communicate globally using English’s universal language.
●How to make it happen
- All English environment. We are also using our original materials. No Japanese during the lesson.
- We would like students to think about their own idea rather than listen to the teacher’s lecture. We are providing communicative-style lessons and a curriculum for any level of students. The role of the teacher is not actually teaching but leading students to speak out and pull out their own opinion without any hesitation.
- We have our own original program to make their English life to be their habit. We have Japanese trainers who are going to track and support their weekly training. Students need to do home training every day. (Writing practice, Online communication lesson, Grammar, and reading), and we encourage them to keep their motivation and have a conversation to resolve their issue to keep their training continuously.
Age Range: 7 to 20 years old (Elementary to University students, but mainly 6 to 13 years old beginner students)
English skills: Never to an Advanced level, some of them are used to living abroad, but mostly they have never learned English before.
a private lesson: 3,000 yen to 4,500 yen (prep＋lesson 1hr＋data input=2hr)
a group lesson: 5,000 yen to 7,500 yen (prep＋lesson 2hr＋data input=3hr)
(＋transportation fee. up to 1,000 yen/day for round trip)
It depends on your experience, attitude to the admin, and evaluation of students.
The class usually takes place from on-Friday 16:30-21:00 (Usually teachers will take two lessons per day)Sat 11:30-20:30
Right now we are looking for someone who can work around 16:30-21:00 from Monday to Friday. We have a lesson from 16:30-18:30, 18:30 to 20:00, and 18:30-21:00 from Mon to Fri. Also, we have a lesson from 11:30-13:30, 15:00-16:30, 15:00-17:30, 18:00-19:30, and 19:00 to 20:30 on Sat. There is no Sunday lesson. We would like to meet someone who can take two lessons per day, and at least two days per week.
The ideal candidate
- Know how to teach 2nd language learners in English
- Love to teach students
- Have teaching experience in English to Japanese students
- The first language is English
- Be able to explain grammar simply and clearly in English
- Highly motivated, passionate, patient, flexible, and can smile at students.
※We have a lack of female 20s to 30s teachers at this moment.
●Not preferable candidate
- Cannot be on time
- Not passionate to teach students
- No career image to be a professional English teacher.
- Just working to earn money.
- No willingness to improve your teaching skill
- Just visit Tokyo and go back to your country within a year. We would like to have a long-term relationship that benefits both students and Everest to gain the trust of students and parents.
- Cannot talk in business.
Average Salary: ¥12,000
As Everest is a professional responsible for moving orientation around trainees or other important sites.
Therefore, if you ( as a candidate) register for the Everest job, you must possess accessible-minded attributes and continuous, reliable skills.
Being a good Everest, you will receive enormous benefits that will generate fantastic experiences and other perks.
Here at Aimglo, we provide you with Recruitment, Scholarship you need, and Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment; share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: November 3, 2022
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Everest Job 2022/2023 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.