Most companies across the UK offer Graduate internships to graduating students from either a bachelor’s, master or any diploma degree, provided they have the skills and requirements of that field.
Graduate internships help to bridge the gap and impart skills that will help the candidate join the company. They are a way to fast-track leadership and growth in a structured program.
Therefore, you can expect coaching and mentoring. There are several graduate internships in the UK, all of which will be provided in this article; ensure that you are perfectly fit for the role they require for this may lead to permanent employment.
Graduate Internship Description
Graduate internships are a short-term period of work or work experience that usually leads to a permanent position, dependent on performance.
The form of the internship will depend on the industry, but in most cases, the internship will consist of supervised practical training.
Although any company or industry can offer a graduate internship, they tend to be found in city-based companies. Banking, investment and financial services, strategic and management consultancies, engineering, and law firms are common employers.
These companies recruit hundreds of graduates annually, and internships form part of their recruitment campaign.
Available Graduate Internship UK
These are the available graduate internships in the UK for interested graduates to apply for, and they are outlined below with the requirements needed.
1. Power, Energy, and Infrastructure Off-cycle Internship
They are looking for Post-Graduates to join Cantor’s PEI Investment Banking internship program for three months this Summer.
This program will involve working on interesting projects and assignments across Investment Banking Products (M&A, DCM, etc.) in the below PEI subsectors:
- Power (renewables, conventional generation, flexible generation)
- ESG (EV charging
- Energy (storage, networks)
- Infrastructure (transportation, utilities, digital)
The teams will give the incoming interns a strong learning platform and high levels of business exposure. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain first-hand experience with a strongly-established boutique investment bank and a better understanding of international corporate finance and financial markets.
- Conducting independent research and gathering information from publicly available and internal sources.
- Producing content around industry trending topics.
- Provide specified input for company profiles, presentations, and other documents to support senior team members.
- Preparing presentation materials and participating in meetings.
- Contribute to the development and basic editing of Excel-based models, including valuations and other financial analysis
- Update team credentials and PEI-related materials.
- Provide support for various administrative tasks.
- Liaise with other junior PEI team members.
- Skills and attributes
- Graduates who have completed their studies can demonstrate strong academic performance.
- Very strong analytical and numerical skills
- Excellent computer skills, including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Diligent and committed to excellence.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with attention to detail and good organization skills.
- Ambitious, driven, and capable of delivering results while working under tight deadlines.
2. Graduate Broker
The team exists as a joint venture between GFI and CBRE, and the role will give the successful candidate a platform to partner with client base and build relationships with them from an early stage.
There is much scope for the candidate to grow into the role and take on further responsibility within the first year of employment.
There will be a strong focus on providing best-in-class client service and subject matter expertise to our business partners and clients directly. The candidate will also have the opportunity to be innovative by improving processes and increasing efficiency.
The role is broad and offers the successful candidate an opportunity to be involved in various client activities, from undertaking fund analysis for existing investments to preparing approval papers to provide for our customer base that is likely to impact the performance of clients’ portfolios directly.
As a Graduate Broker, your key responsibilities are as follows:
- Recording brokerage
- Interacting with investors
- Understanding the complexities of the Settlement Process
- Attending and contributing to team meetings to develop your knowledge of the marketplace
- Accumulate background knowledge of the industry and leverage this in the role
- To work proactively and with the initiative on a day-to-day basis
As a valued member of the desk, your exposure will allow you to liaise and build the relationships needed to secure business from both existing and new customers based in London and the rest of the world.
You will need to be able to work in a team, be articulate in both written and spoken English, think quickly under pressure, and build long-term relationships internally and externally.
What they look for:
- A passion for working in global markets – specifically an involved, collaborative corporate finance environment
- An articulate individual; someone who can communicate effectively in written and spoken English
- Strong evidence of teamwork and the ability to thrive in a team setting
- A results-focused approach to work
- Personal and professional integrity
- Good attention to detail
- Proactivity and punctuality
- Prior experience working in Real Estate is beneficial but not essential
Applications for this program are screened on a first come, first served basis, so they strongly recommend getting your application in today.
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below, create an account with the official website BGC Partners, and fill out the application form afterward.
Salary Of Graduate Interns In the UK
The average salary for an Intern is £28,330 per year in London, United Kingdom.
Conclusion On Graduate Internships UK 2023/2024
For yourself, you can for yourself the above lists of internships for Graduate Internships UK For Students. I can assure you that some of these jobs have an attractive salary, and there are also additional benefits with you learning and working in a conducive environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Graduate Internships UK; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up in the UK to continue your passion.
The article above gives crucial information related to the Graduate Internships UK 2023/2024 for high school students to start applying now.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can henceforth enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to realize your future career.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Graduate Internships UK 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.