In Canada today, many managers are now hiring customer service representatives even though many people underrate the job. Customer service has become one of the in-demand jobs in Canada.
Considering that customer relation is very important in a company because relating with customers can help to be close to the customer and build trust with customers to ensure business success, it is no surprise that customer service representatives are in demand.
And considering the high demands, they are willing to employ natives and foreigners. Suppose you are a foreigner looking to secure a customer service job; this post will address the concepts of a customer service representative in a business/company, required qualifications, average yearly salary, and how to apply for the jobs.
A customer service representative is a person that works directly with customers. Rather than responding to customer outreach, they reach out to customers and offer products and service solutions, discounts and sales, company news, bonuses, and other forms of proactive communication.
There are various job options for those considering a career in customer service. These jobs/positions are available in almost every industry. Customer service representatives’ top employers are mainly; call centers, brick-and-mortar, online retailers, credit card companies and agencies, insurance companies, financial institutions, and tech companies.
Considering that customer relation is very important in a company because relating with customers can help to be close to the customer and build trust with customers to ensure business success, it is no surprise that customer service representatives are in demand. In 2020, almost three million people were employed in Toronto customer service jobs, proving the demand rate.
Customer service is not only for specialists. That is why both natives and foreigners can be hired. The only criteria are just for one to possess the required skills and qualifications. In most cases, the capabilities need at least a high school diploma and some skills like; good communication skills, multitasking, etc.
In summary, customer service representatives are mainly responsible for interacting with customers to handle complaints, process orders, answer questions, and direct customers. They represent the company. But foreigners must possess a work permit(visa) before applying for a job.
Customer Service Jobs In Canada For Foreigners
The following are the customer service jobs in Canada for foreigners:
- Data Entry Clerk
- Customer Service Coordinator
- Customer Service Representative
- Administrative Assistant
Cashier: A cashier is a professional responsible for many vital duties in a retail-based establishment; they are responsible for processing and receiving payments and issuing receipts to customers as they leave with their purchases.
Data Entry Clerk: A data entry clerk is a professional responsible for transferring data from paper to a computer file using a spreadsheet.
Customer Service Coordinator: A client service coordinator handles order processing, setting up and coordinating services, tracking deliveries and installation, and resolving customer issues.
Customer Service Representative: A customer service representative is a professional responsible for interacting with customers to process orders, provide information about an organization’s products and services, and resolve issues.
Administrative Assistant: Administrative Assistants assist with the day-to-day operations of an office by doing tasks such as filing paperwork, answering calls, preparing documents for meetings, and managing the calendar of their supervisors.
Customer Service Required Qualification and Skills For Foreigners
The following are the required qualifications and skills for customer service in Canada as a foreigner:
- Work permit(Visa)
- Proven customer support experience
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone contact handling skills
- Active listening
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of characters
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and manage time effectively
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College degree(preferably)
- Listening Skills
- Phone Skills
- Resolving Conflict
- Positive Attitude
- Attention to Detail
The responsibilities of customer service:
- Maintain financial accounts
- Recommend potential products
- Prepare product or service reports by collecting and analyzing customer information.
- Contribute to team effort
- Manage large amounts of incoming calls
- Generate sales leads
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieve satisfaction
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication
- Provide accurate, valid, and complete information by using the right methods/tools
- Meet personal/team sales targets and call handling quotas
- Handle complaints, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the time limits, and follow up to ensure resolution
- Keep records of customer interactions, process customer accounts, and file documents
- Follow communication procedures, guidelines, and policies
- Resolve customer complaints
- Greet customers
- Assist with placement of orders, refunds, or exchanges
- Advice on company information
- Take payment information and other pertinent information
- Place or cancel orders
- Answer questions about warranties or terms of sale
- Act as the company gatekeeper
- Suggest solutions when a product malfunctions
- Handle product recalls
- Persuading customer
- Utilize computer technology to handle high call volumes
- Work with a customer service manager
- Close out or open call records
- Compile reports on overall customer satisfaction
- Read from scripts
- Handle changes in policies or renewals
Customer Service Jobs In Canada For Foreigner Salary
The average salary of customer service in Canada is $34,654 per year.
How To Apply For Customer Service Jobs In Canada For Foreigners
The list below states the steps to apply for Customer Service Jobs In Canada For Foreigner:
- When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
- You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
- Review the job advertisement and role description.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
- Select the ‘Apply Online’ button.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On The Customer Service Jobs In Canada For ForeignersIn conclusion, with the update above on the Customer Service Jobs In Canada For Foreigners, one is aware of the required qualifications and skills, their responsibilities, average yearly salary, and how to apply for Customer Service Jobs In Canada.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Customer Service Jobs In Canada For Foreigner 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.