Now Singapore is applying the vertical model to urban agriculture — experimenting with rooftop gardens and vertical farms in order to feed its many residents.
By going vertical, farmers can focus on quality, nutrition, and the taste of the produce. As a result, products grown indoors can improve health, nutrition, sustainability, and profit for all parties involved.
That’s why in this article we will bring all the available vertical farming jobs in Singapore which are currently open and ongoing.
Details On Vertical Farming
Vertical farming is the agricultural process in which crops are grown on top of each other, rather than in traditional, horizontal rows.
Growing vertically allows for conservation in space, resulting in a higher crop yield per square foot of land used. Vertical farms are mainly located indoors, such as a warehouse, where they have the ability to control the environmental conditions for plants to succeed.
This next frontier of farming boasts some important advantages: it allows farmers to produce more output, use fewer resources, and reduce transportation by locating operations closer to the point of consumption.
Available Verticle Farming Jobs In Singapore
The following are the available vertical farm jobs in Singapore which are currently open for receiving applications from interested.
TumCreate seeks several positions as the most ongoing vacancies will be highlighted below;
– Vertical Farming Enthusiast (Technical Assistant for indoor farming experiments)
You will be working in the team of Proteins4Singapore, a comprehensive research program with renowned scientists in plant and food technology, food chemistry, and business sustainability.
- Background in agriculture or horticulture – desirable is knowledge in vertical farming.
- Education in agriculture, horticulture, biology, or related disciplines.
- Strong skills in English speaking and writing, problem-solving, and communication.
- Experiences with scientific experiments and research projects.
- Basic understanding of technology (e.g. use of sensors or technical research tools).
- Good team player, able to work with deadlines and dynamic requirements.
Apply – Please send your complete application including cover letter and CV to [email protected]
– Research Fellow (Vertical Farming)
Your role includes planning, carrying out, monitoring, and analyzing soybean crop growth experiments to maximize grain protein yield per unit area and year under fully controlled growing conditions. Requirements
- Ph.D. in plant sciences, plant physiology, agricultural biology, or related disciplines.
- Working experience in vertical farming and project management.
- The position will be placed in Singapore.
- Strong skills in English speaking and writing, problem-solving, and communication.
To Apply – Please send your complete application including cover letter and CV to [email protected]
– Research Associate (Functional Characterization of Food-Microbiome Interactions)
- Establish human host-related biology addressing the question of how bioactive molecules in novel food material render barrier and immune function of the intestine by using intestinal organoids (co-culture with immune cells)
- Identify and purify target structures and characterize their role in modifying epithelial differentiation (stem cell function), inflammatory processes, barrier mechanisms
Requirements A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Biology, Nutrition, Molecular Biology, Medicine or related research fields with 3 years of relevant working experience.
How To Apply – Please send your application including cover letter and CV to [email protected]
Benefits Of Working With Tumcreate
- Competitive salary that commensurates with experience
- Medical insurance
- A good amount of leave/vacation days
- A vibrant, modern, and positive working environment in Singapore
- Campus-sited office location with a host of facilities
- In-building perks include gym, game room, and coffee room
Visit the official website and access other vacancies
2. Research Fellow/Engineer (Compost|Vertical Farm) SCB3 – Singapore Institute Of Technology
The primary responsibility of this role is to deliver on an industry innovation research project where you will be part of the research team to develop/produce/investigate
- Composting of vegetable waste using EM and red wigglers methods
- Control and data/sensor monitoring of compost activity and maturity
- Compost quality on chemical/mineral content and microbial density
- Compost effects on seed germination and crop yield
- Monitoring of the crops as well as data collection and analysis of the sensors signals of the nutrients, crops health and etc.
- Have relevant competence in the areas of Plant science
- Have a degree in biotechnology/ plant science/ chemistry.
- Possessing a Master’s or undergraduate degree will be advantageous with prior experience working in the laboratory for the research.
- Knowledge and interest in Urban farming will be advantageous and willingness to work on composts from the waste recycler into soiled based growth unit for vertical farm
Applications close: 30 Jun 2022 Singapore Standard Time
3. Lead Application Engineer – Agri-Technology At Danfos
In Danfoss, they recognize that new agriculture technologies used in vertical farming, land-based fish farming, and alternative protein production are going to be needed to support the transformation to a sustainable food supply chain.
They are looking for a Lead application engineer who will be responsible for developing system applications on heating and cooling, such as HVAC, heat pump systems, and water system management for these Agri-Tech Environments.
- Leads in the design of applications for vertical farming and recirculated aquaculture systems
- Calculates HVAC system loads, psychrometric analysis, energy modeling, and irrigation flow of the proposed systems for the vertical farming market
- Calculates HVAC, heat pump life cycle cost analysis and benchmarks to next best alternative
- Leads in the preparation of sketches, layouts, and preliminary costing of different system designs
- Manages system tests, in the house or at the customers’ facility in line with the application project requirements to a successful outcome
- Mechanical Engineering Degree, Technical Degree in an HVAC, related field, or equivalent HVAC Industry
- Minimum 5 years of HVAC Mechanical application and refrigeration systems experience within the Building Climate Control is required.
- Experience within the vertical farming or aquaculture market is preferred.
- Demonstrable background working within the HVAC Plant industry, with the ability to interpret P&ID drawings
- Apply critical thinking to troubleshoot, multitask, prioritize activities, and effectively manage these tasks across a matrix organization
4. My Career Vertical Jobs
The Singapore Government Agency has two opportunities advertised on their application portal and they include.
– Full-Stack Software Engineer #AgriTech – Vertical Oceans Pte. Ltd.
Vertical Oceans produces sustainable seafood in an advanced technology vertical farming system.
This is a rare opportunity for a motivated candidate to build something truly unique in support of a fast-growing AgriTech start-up. The position is based in Singapore with the possibility of flexible work arrangements.
- BSc or MSc in Information System, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or equivalent.
- 3-5 years of relevant experience.
Salary – $8,000 to $12,000 Monthly
Application Opens 27 Apr 2022
Closing on 27 May 2022
– Research Assistant #AgriTech – Vertical Oceans Pte. Ltd.
They are looking for a motivated Research Assistant (RA) to join their elite team to develop the scientific bioengineering components of our system.
You will be introduced to the world of AgriTech and get in-depth knowledge of the world of aquaculture and the intensive cultivation of shrimp and seaweed, working on Recirculating Aquaculture Systems (RAS).
- Bachelor’s degree\ master’s degree in an area relevant to microbiology, marine biology, molecular biology, or biochemistry (candidate must be qualified in one of the above areas)
- Good communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Must have critical scientific thinking, self-learning from literature, and application in the field
- Experience with laboratory work, and basic and advanced laboratory equipment.
Application open – 27 April 2022
Closing on – 27 May 2022
How To Apply
- Visit – https://www.mycareersfuture.gov.sg/search?search=vertical%20farming%20&sortBy=new_posting_date&page=0
- Check and select a suitable Vertical Farm job
- Click on the apply now button on the site
- Afterwhich you must log in with singpass.
- If you don’t have an account create one
- After successfully creating your account you can apply now fully for the desired job.
Average Salary Of Vertical Farming Workers In Singapore 2023/2024
The average salary of Vertical Farming Workers In Singapore in 2023/2024 is $8,000 Monthly.
Also, you can check out Agricultural jobs in Singapore
Conclusion On Vertical Farming Jobs In Singapore 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Vertical Farming Jobs In Singapore 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Vertical Farming Jobs In Singapore 2023/2024; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Vertical Farming Jobs In Singapore 2023/2024 for you to start applying.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Vertical Farming Jobs In Singapore 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.