The University Of Melbourne has great opportunities for international students to come over and start their application towards realizing a promising course and career.
All the information regarding how to gain admission, steps, documents and requirements needed for the application of getting admitted into the University Of Melbourne are all on this post.
The university enrolls more than 30,000 international students from over 130 countries, and over 21 percent of our undergraduate students participate in an international study program during their degree.
Requirement For International Students To Study Undergraduate Courses In Unimelb
There are three entry requirement which is based on entry scores and course pre-requisites such as
- Applicants are expected to meet up with the course requires that they are applying for
- The applicant must have attained at least 18 years of age
- Special permission is required for applicants below 18.
- Completing VCE subjects or equivalent qualifications or an adult VCE program
- Completing an approved English language proficiency test or through the previous study in English.
- Students need a well-written resume, SOP for Australia, LOR, and standardized test scores based on their academic level of study.
- Meet any additional academic requirements necessary for the application to your preferred undergraduate degree. These include prerequisite subjects, prerequisite tests, portfolio submission, interviews or auditions
To apply visit – https://students.unimelb.edu.au/new-students/get-started
Steps/Processes On How To Apply Into The University Of Melbourne For International Students
- Choose a course first from their official site
- Then check if you are eligible as all undergraduate degrees have different criteria
- As an international student, you will enroll at the university as a full-fee paying student
- Submit your application through the Victorian Tertiary Admissions Centre (VTAC), apply directly to the University of Melbourne, or submit through an appointed overseas representative.
- Assessment of your application will take approximately 2-4 weeks and if you are accepted, the University will email you directly with an offer.
- Then above all, If you’re planning to move to Melbourne for your studies, get in early to secure a place through our University Accommodation guarantee.
Documents To Be Supplied During Application
- Academic Transcripts
- English proficiency test score (IELTS/TOEFL)
- Resume (for PG courses)
- GRE/GMAT Score (for PG courses).
Recognized International QualificationsGuide to entry scores for Australian or overseas qualifications equivalent to the Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE).
|International||GCE A Levels|
|International||International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma|
|Australia||Australian Year 12|
|Australia||Trinity College Foundation Studies|
The University Of Melbourne Available Scholarships For International Students
international undergraduate applicants can apply for these scholarships:
- Melbourne International Undergraduate Scholarship: About 30 scholarships are awarded each year to students who get AUD 10,000 tuition fee remission in the first year of undergraduate study.
Approximately 10 scholarships awarded each year provide recipients with a 100% tuition fee remission for the normal full-time duration of their undergraduate degree.
- Melbourne Chancellor’s Scholarship: This is awarded to high-achieving international students who have completed secondary school in Australia.
Recipients receive a 50% tuition fee remission for a full-time bachelor’s degree. A Global Scholars Award of up to AUD 2,500 is also given for approved overseas study.
- Other scholarships and bursaries: Applicants may apply for these after they have enrolled at Melbourne for they are opportunities awarded by University faculties based on academic achievement while other opportunities are there to assist with the general cost of living and tuition while studying at Melbourne.
2022/2023 Fees For Undergraduate International Students In Melbourne
|Broad area of study||Discipline fee band||2022 international undergraduate subject fee ($AUD/EFTSL)|
|Agriculture, Engineering, Sciences and Veterinary Science||Agriculture (including Agriculture – Dookie) Computing Engineering Information Systems Mathematics, Statistics Optometry Optometry – Distance Education Science Surveying Veterinary Science Veterinary Science – Online||$46,048 $47,872 $47,872 $47,872 $46,688 $52,864 $52,864 $48,576 $47,872 $72,896 $72,|
|Built and Natural Environment||Built Environment||$44,096|
|Business and economics||Accounting, Administration, Commerce &Econs||$44,960|
|Health & Medical Sciences||Behavioural Science Dentistry Health (non-clinical) Medicine Medicine (clinical) Nursing Other Health Physiotherapy||$45,120 $71,008 $43,584 $90,400 $95,648 $33,024 $43,584 $46,240|
|Humanities, Social Sciences and Languages||Arts, Foreign Languages, Humanities, Social Studies||$35,200|
|Music, Visual and Performing Arts||VCA (Audio Visual) VCA (Foundation study) VCA (General) VCA (Performing Arts) Visual and Performing Arts||$58,496 $23,136 $31,328 $31,328 $31,328|
Living Costs Studying As A Melbourne International Student
Once you’ve applied and been accepted into a Melbourne degree, you’ll need to start planning for living and studying at Melbourne.
This includes organizing your overseas health cover, visa, accommodation, and knowing what to do when you arrive.
Melbourne: from $AUD 634/week
- Accommodation: from 225/week
- Transport: from $AUD 38/week
- Food: from $AUD 159/week
- Personal: from $AUD 37/week
- Clothing: from $AUD 140/week
- Entertainment: from $AUD 35/week
University Of Melbourne Acceptance Rate For International Students
As it is well known, the University Of Melbourne is a really high and prestigious school in Australia and as viewed by its Rankings, I’m sure you can also testify to that.
The acceptance rate for the university of Melbourne is about 70 – 80 % rate which makes it quite challenging and on the high side but I can ascertain that if you fully meet their requirement and also get the have the required GPA then there’s nothing holding you back.
- Semester 2, 2022 (mid-year July intake): Tuesday 31 May
- Semester 1, 2023 (start year Feb/March intake): Wednesday 30 November
Conclusion On the University Of Melbourne Admission For International Students 2022/2023The application website gives crucial information related to the University Of Melbourne Admission For International Student 2022/2023 for candidates to start applying now.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like University Of Melbourne Admission For International Student 2022/2023, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.