If you are interested in securing a scholarship at the University Of Canterbury, this post is specifically for you! And scholarships are fantastic and have helped in many people, in many ways.
A scholarship helps the student to have a broader chance to consider a more selective program, reduces the risk of dropping out, and often offers opportunities to expand their academic experience through internships or study abroad programs.
A scholarship allows the student to consider a more selective program, reduces the risk of dropping out, and often offers opportunities to expand their academic experience through internships or study abroad programs.
Both Governmental and Non-Governmental awards scholarships to qualified students; some are awarded a fully funded scholarship, and some are awarded a partly funded scholarship.
This post will address the necessary aspects of the University Of Canterbury Scholarships. It is essential to note that these scholarships are awarded to international students.
Interested candidates should surf the post to get acquainted. And also, it is essential to note that interested candidates should ensure they meet the requirements to prevent disappointment or any form of disqualifications.
As said earlier, scholarships are awarded to candidates based on helping the student to have a broader chance to consider a more selective program, reducing the risk of dropping out, and often offering opportunities to expand their academic experience through internships or study abroad programs.
Unlike student loans, scholarships do not have to be repaid. Hundreds of thousands of scholarships and fellowships from several thousand sponsors are awarded yearly. Generally, scholarships and fellowships are reserved for students with special qualifications, such as academic, athletic, or artistic talent.
Awards are also available for students interested in particular fields of Study, members of underrepresented groups, living in some regions of the country, or demonstrating financial need. The University of Canterbury (UC) offers a range of scholarships for native and international students intending to enroll in undergraduate or postgraduate study.
Several scholarships are available, whether you are already in New Zealand or off-shore. The University of Canterbury offers over $20 million in scholarships and prizes annually to help fund the students’ studies. The Scholarships Office is the first point of contact for queries relating to scholarships administered by UC.
UC understands that a university education is a significant investment for you and your family. A scholarship might just provide the helping hand you need to make university life a little easier.
UC offers a range of scholarships, many recognizing factors like academic excellence or sporting achievement. Others emphasize social inclusion and equality and are awarded based on financial need or other hardship.
Available Scholarships at the University of Canterbury
Below are some of the available scholarships in the University of Canterbury:
The UC Aho Hīnātore | UC Accelerator Scholarship consists of a 12-week research project for which the recipients receive a stipend of $6,000 followed by a 3-year doctoral scholarship covering fees and paying a stipend of $28,000 per annum. Up to 70 scholarships are available for 2023/2024 and are awarded by Te Kaunihera | Council of the University.
The 12-week research project must include a minimum of $1,500 co-funding from an external partner or Department/Faculty/School funds. Awards are open to all faculties and Research Centres, with five awards reserved for whakapapa Māori or Pacific descent students. Proposals are assessed based on:
- The quality of the proposed topic of study
- The quality of the supervisory team
- The quality of the proposed student
Students must commence their research project by 1st April 2023 and their Doctoral enrolment by 1st July 2023. A limited number of projects without a proposed student will be considered, but a student must be secured and ready to start by April 1st, 2023, to retain the funding.
Special Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible, potential students must:
- Qualify for admission to the PhD at UC. In cases where a potential student demonstrates particular promise but does not yet meet the research experience requirement of the PhD (and by prior negotiation with the Dean of
- Postgraduate Research), accelerated admission to the PhD may be approved;
- Have completed their most recent study at a University in New Zealand, within the last 5 years, prior to April 2023;
- Candidates must currently reside in New Zealand;
- Exhibit a minimum GPA of 7 in the last two years of study;
- Not be enrolled in a course during the project period, unless prior approval has been obtained from the Dean of Postgraduate Research.
- Recipients should normally be enrolled in the PhD programme by 1 July in the year following their application for the scholarship
Ngā Karahipi Pia | First Year Undergraduate Scholarships
Each scholarship has different eligibility criteria, such as the subject area, level, and/or qualification you plan to study at UC, your age, gender, ethnicity, and citizenship, and which high school and/or region you are coming from. School-leavers scholarships are available specifically for:
- Māori and Pasifika students
- Students who can demonstrate leadership potential
- Students with financial hardship or other personal circumstances
- Students moving away from home to study at UC (with accommodation costs)
It is recommended that you apply for all the scholarships you are eligible for, as it is possible to be awarded more than one scholarship at a time.
- School-Leaver Scholarship applications open: 20 June
- School-Leaver Scholarship applications close: 11:59 pm (NZT) on 15 August 2022
Conclusion On University Of Canterbury Scholarships 2023/2024If you want to study at a New Zealand University through the scholarships above, go for it and start preparing now!
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Scholarships Offers just like University Of Canterbury Scholarships 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformatio