There are plenty of scholarships in the United Kingdom for African students, but not enough to serve the thousands of applicants. But indeed, every year, there is always an opening for African students as in this post, I will be addressing the necessary information about the available scholarships in the United Kingdom for African Students.
And suppose you are interested in securing a scholarship in the United Kingdom, you are in the right place.
Sure, scholarships are significant to every student since a scholarship mainly helps a student by easing the student’s expenses concerning their educational expenses, footing the tuition and sometimes the accommodations of a student.
Many institutions and organizations in the United Kingdom decided to award scholarships to students, especially international students. But unfortunately, not many get to secure the Scholarship due to the limited slots and a high number of applicants.
Securing a scholarship in the United Kingdom has lots of benefits. One benefit is that one will have lots of opportunities to build practical and transferable skills and also benefit from career events and advice.
Studying in the United Kingdom will help you reach your potential by challenging you academically and personally and helping you develop your employability skills. Most of the time, students with the best results/resumes can secure scholarships.
So, students are always advised to meet the scholarship requirements to avoid disappointment or disqualification. Proceed to the post for detailed information about Scholarships To Study In the UK For African Students.
A scholarship is a financial support awarded to a student based on academic achievement or other criteria, including the economic need for schooling. There are various types of scholarships, the most common being merit-based and need-based.
The donor or department funding the Scholarship sets the criteria for recipient selection, and the grantor defines explicitly how the money is to be applied. The funds are used to defray the costs of tuition, books, room, board and other expenses directly tied to students’ educational prices through the university.
The United Kingdom provides a comprehensive scholarship program to incoming, current, and rising graduates, whether foreign or native. Scholarships are typically awarded using a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, academic achievement, departmental and community involvement, employment experience, areas of study, and financial need.
Getting scholarships for a postgraduate degree in the United Kingdom is relatively complex. While it is true that most graduate programs offer a few admissions-based scholarships that are directly related to each university program, these opportunities are scarce. Yet, many students are surprised to realize this upon admission.
Scholarships To Study In the UK For African Students
Below are some of the available scholarships in the United Kingdom for African Students:
Bangor University 2023 Commonwealth Masters Scholarships for African Students – UK
Bangor University and the Commonwealth Scholarship Commission jointly fund six scholarships for masters study at Bangor University in September 2023. Sponsored by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO), Commonwealth Master’s Scholarships enable talented and motivated individuals to gain the knowledge and skills required for sustainable development and are aimed at those who could not otherwise afford to study in the UK.
Organization: Bangor University
Country to study: United Kingdom
School to study: Bangor University
Course to learn: Not specified
Gender: Men and Women
Application Deadline: December 1, 2022
Aim and Benefits of Bangor University Masters Scholarship
- Approved tuition fees
- Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of your award (the CSC will not reimburse the cost of fares for dependants, nor the cost of journeys made before your award is confirmed)
- Stipend (living allowance) at the rate of £1,236 per month
- Warm clothing allowance, where applicable
- Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable
- Study travel grant towards the cost of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
Requirements for Bangor University Masters Scholarship Qualification
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
- Be available to start your academic studies in the UK by the start of the UK academic year in September 2023.
- By September 2023, hold a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) honours standard or a second class degree (2:2) and relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree). The CSC would not typically fund a second UK Master’s degree. If you are applying for a second UK Master’s degree, you must justify why you wish to undertake this study.
- Be unable to afford to study in the UK without this Scholarship.
- Have provided all supporting documentation in the required format.
- Candidates must check with the nominating agency for their advice, application rules, and eligibility criteria.
How to Apply
Are they interested and qualified?
Applications must be made using the CSC’s online application system
Candidates must apply to one of the following nominating bodies in the first instance – the CSC does not accept direct applications for these scholarships: National nominating agencies – this is the main route for applications.
For further information, click here.
Chevening 2022 Masters Scholarships for Nigerian Students
Chevening enables outstanding emerging leaders worldwide to pursue one-year Master’s degrees in the UK. There is no such thing as a ‘typical’ Chevening Scholar, but successful people tend to have ambition, leadership qualities, and a solid academic background.
Aim and Benefits of Masters Scholarships
As Chevening Scholarships are fully-funded, your award includes the following:
- University tuition fees
- A monthly stipend
- Travel costs to and from the UK
- An arrival allowance
- A homeward departure allowance
- The cost of one visa application
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK
Requirements for Masters Scholarships Qualification
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship, one must:
- Be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country or territory.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may differ depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and receive an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 14 2022.
How to Apply
Go to Chevening on www.chevening.org to apply. We recommend that you review the following pages to help you prepare your application:
- Work experience
For more details, visit the website.
Conclusion On Scholarships To Study In the UK For African StudentsIf you want to study at a European University through the scholarships above, go for it and start preparing now!
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers just like Scholarships To Study In the UK For African Students 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation