Suppose you are searching for a scholarship and are interested in securing one in Germany, then this post benefits you.
For this post, i will address some of the scholarships in Germany for international students by detailing the available scholarships and their pros and cons.
Well, it is essential to note that the scholarship(s) can be very competitive, and with this, there is a slim chance for those without a compelling qualification.
It is important to note that scholarships are not just handed or awarded to people just like that; most times, it is awarded to the candidates due to the candidate’s merit to the economy, and the chance of being awarded a scholarship is based on how the candidate meets up with the requirements.
And bear in mind that there are different types of scholarships; However, the most common of all these scholarships is the Academic scholarships; there be others such as athletic Scholarships, Military Scholarships, National Scholarships, Workplace Scholarships, etc.
This post will address the critical aspects of Scholarships in Germany. And it is essential to note that these scholarships are mainly awarded to international students.
Interested candidates should surf the post to get acquainted. And also, it is essential to note that interested candidates should ensure they meet the requirements to prevent disappointment or any form of disqualifications.
Germany is an ideal destination for international students; It offers some of the best conditions to pursue a degree and enjoy an authentic German experience. There are many reasons why Germany is a go-to destination for international students, starting with the fact that it is affordable for most people. Compared to other study destinations outside of Europe, living in Germany as an international student comes at a lower cost.
However, living in a foreign country while far away from home means you must possess excellent skills in financial management. And it has been estimated that the living costs in Germany are around €853 per month. Since this can be a challenge for international students, some programs offer students the opportunity to apply for financial support through a scholarship.
A scholarship allows the student to consider a more selective program, reduces the risk of dropping out, and often offers opportunities to expand their academic experience through internships or study abroad programs.
Unlike student loans, scholarships do not have to be repaid. Hundreds of thousands of scholarships and fellowships from several thousand sponsors are awarded yearly. Generally, scholarships and fellowships are reserved for students with special qualifications, such as academic, athletic, or artistic talent.
Scholarships In Germany For International Students
The following are some of the available scholarships in Germany for International Students:
DAAD Scholarship Programs
The DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) Scholarship in Germany is the world’s largest funding organization for international students from developing countries. This organization was founded in the year 1925, and ever since then, it has funded around two million scholars in Germany and abroad.
DAAD offers a wide range of degree programs taught in English and German to educate future leaders, provide access to some of the best study and research opportunities, and help developing countries establish practical university systems. Let’s go through this DAAD scholarship guide and learn more about what DAAD is, what is required in the application process, and the benefits of the scholarship.
The DAAD, or the German Academic Exchange Service, focuses on funding international students to get their education abroad. It offers a monthly stipend to students who are winners of this award to cover their expenses during their studies. The requirements for the DAAD scholarship are as follows:
- The DAAD scholarships are awarded to students who want to complete a full-time course of study with mandatory attendance in Germany.
- The applicant should have completed their Bachelor’s degree, not more than in the last six years.
- The applicant should have at least two years of proven work experience.
- There will be English or German Language requirements depending on your degree course.
- If you want to come to Germany for up to 6 months, you must have lived in your country of residence for at least one year at the time of application.
- If you want to come to Germany for a while longer than six months, you must have obtained your last degree in your country of residence.
Requirements in the DAAD application form
First of all, you have to apply online. To use it, you must register in the DAAD portal so that you can get access to the application form. The DAAD application form will ask you to submit the following information:
- Name and nationality
- The degree program you’re applying for
- Gender, academic title, date & place of birth, country of permanent residence
- Contact information
- Secondary school education
- Higher education
- Degrees held
- Duration of the course you’re applying for
- Choice of host university/institution
- Language skills
- Previous visits abroad for study/work
- Practical/professional work experience
- Professional occupation/written proof
- Leave of absence information
- Professional career goal
- Extracurricular interests
- When applying for a Study Scholarship, you must submit a motivation letter.
- When applying for a Research Grant, you must submit a detailed proposal.
- Submit a reference from a university teacher.
TUM – Scholarships for International Students
The Technical University of Munich offers a merit-based scholarship for international students taking up undergraduate or graduate programs at the University. They give this scholarship to students having financial problems supporting their studies but showing excellent academic performance.
- Who are not eligible for BAföG due to their nationality (see §8 BAföG)
- As of the 3rd semester in their Bachelor’s studies
- As of 2nd semester in their master’s studies (or as of 1st semester in their master’s studies, If the Bachelor’s degree has been completed at TUM)
- Submission of the Bachelor’s thesis or master’s thesis not before June 30 (summer term) and December 31 (winter term)
- Merit: good academic records
- Proven need:
- There is no need if the applicant has more monthly income at their disposal than the necessity for students according to §13 i.V.m §13a BAföG as last amended.
- Low parents’ income.
Application period winter semester 22
October 03 to 23, 2022
Documents for the application
Please prepare the following documents for upload (pdf files):
- Motivational letter
- Please explain your financial status (100–200 words in English or German)
- UM grade report (can be downloaded from TUMonline)
- two recommendations
- not older than one semester
- Proof of applicant’s income
- Bank statements of the last three months of all bank accounts. If there are incoming payments, please explain directly on the bank account statement what kind of payment it is (for example, salary, parents’ support, scholarship, loan …). If not in German or English, a certified German translation is required by a sworn translator (with an official seal!) (winter term: July 01 – September 30 and summer term: January 01 – March 31).
- and further documents if applicable (work contract, internship contract, scholarship notification, loan contract, BAföG notification, etc.)
- Proof of parents’ income or proof of payment of spouse if applicable
- if not in German or English, a certified German translation is required by a sworn translator (with an official seal!)
- not older than one year
- The online form cannot be saved.
- Only complete applications can be accepted.
- If you or your lecturer hand in the recommendations later, the deadline (November 15 / May 15) must be adhered to.
- Information on the data privacy statement
Conclusion On Scholarships In Germany For International Students 2023/2024If you want to study at a Top earned University through the scholarships above, go for it and start preparing now!
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Scholarships In Germany For International Students 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformatio