Interested candidates In Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada should read through this post to get an update on the latest job offer and get the job without stress.
Hence if you wish to get Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada, then go ahead and read through this post.
Ensure you are qualified for this post and provide all the requirements and documents before applying for this job.
A Pharmacy Technician assists the Pharmacist in preparing and distributing prescribed medications to patients. Their primary responsibilities are entering orders, filling prescriptions, and ensuring that the Pharmacist has verified and approved the prescription before handing the medication off to the patient.
Canada is a country in North America. Its ten provinces and three territories extend from the Atlantic Ocean to the Pacific Ocean and northward into the Arctic Ocean, covering over 9.98 million square kilometers, making it the world’s second-largest country by total area.
A Pharmacy Technician has many critically important day-to-day duties. A Pharmacy Technician helps care for patients daily by fulfilling specific duties and responsibilities.
Available Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada.
Regulated Pharmacy Technician
The regulated pharmacy technician as a health care professional supports the pharmacist’s role through the safe and efficient management of all aspects of drug distribution that do not require the pharmacist’s clinical knowledge, skills, and judgment.
• Receive new or repeat prescriptions and creates and maintain patient records. Assess prescription for clarity, completeness, authenticity, and legal requirements.
• Interpret prescription, including abbreviations, numerals, and symbols. Perform pharmaceutical calculations.
• Record prescription Information accurately on patient records.
• Alert the pharmacist to actual and potential drug therapy-related problems.
• Prepare non-sterile and or sterile products. Package and label products to maintain their integrity and meet legislative requirements.
• Collaborate with the pharmacist in product release, with the pharmacist reviewing the prescription and patient record. Pharmacist counseling is offered to patients who need it, and the prescription is released to the correct customer or agent.
• Determine and maintain inventory requirements sufficient for patient safety and efficient operations. Audit inventory (based on regulations, policies, and procedures) and report discrepancies to the pharmacist. E.g., narcotics, controlled drugs, and targeted substances
• Assist patients in selecting and using drug administration devices, diagnostic and monitoring devices, home health aides, and other non-drug measures.
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- Graduation from Washington Board of Pharmacy accredited pharmacy technician training. the program, or equivalent.
- One year of retail or outpatient pharmacy experience.
- Current Washington State Pharmacy Technician Certification.
Pharmacy Technician(Michael Garron Hospital Canada)
The Pharmacy Technician will use their knowledge to collaborate with the pharmacists and other health care professionals to provide and support patient care. They will demonstrate commitment to the quality and safety of the health care system, maintain competence in drug distribution systems, and demonstrate professional & ethical conduct. The Pharmacy Technician will adhere to all relevant legislated and regulatory requirements. The Pharmacy Technician may have to work at different sites as assigned.
• Completion of a Community College Pharmacy Technician diploma program or equivalent.
• Current and actively maintained licensure as a Registered Pharmacy Technician (RPhT) with the Ontario College of Pharmacists (OCP), or able to obtain RPhT within four months of hire.
• Proof of continuing education participation or demonstration of professional development.
• Excellent work and attendance record required
• Membership with a professional pharmacy association is an asset.
• All employees of Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), a division of Toronto East Health Network (TEHN) [formerly Toronto East General Hospital (TEGH)], agree to work within the legislated practices of the Occupational Health and Safety Act of Ontario.
• All employees of MGH are responsible for contributing to a transparent culture of patient and staff safety by adhering to and abiding by the policies and procedures of MGH.
• All employees are accountable for protecting the psychological health and safety of themselves and their co-workers through adherence to MGH’s policies and practices.
• Ability to maintain professionalism and composure under stress
• Ability to lift light to moderate loads
• Must be bondable
• Superior interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills that can be applied.
Salary Of Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada.
The average pharmacy technician’s salary in Canada is $49,325 per year or $25.29 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $38,013 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $59,007 per year.
How To Apply For Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada.
The list below shows the steps in applying for Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada;
1. When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
2. You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
3. Review the job advertisement and role description.
4. Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
5. Select the ‘Apply Online button.
6. Complete and submit your application.
7. Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada.
In conclusion, with the update above on Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada, one is aware of the required qualifications and skills, their responsibilities, average yearly salary, and how to apply for Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada.
Click the “Apply Now” button to secure a chance to work in Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada.
As you get updates about the Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada 2023/2024, please bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.
Here at Aimglo, we provide you with Recruitment, Scholarship you need, and Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment; share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: February 6, 2023
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers, just like Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.
Feel relaxed as you are entitled to the authentic information on this page about the Pharmacy Technician Jobs In Canada 2023/2024.