Working as a pharmacy technician can be a challenging and rewarding career. However, in order to become a pharmacy technician, you will likely need to become certified and licensed, as many states require you to do so.
That is why this article has been compiled to bring to you how to become a pharmacy technician certificate, ways to go about it, and what it all entails.
Individuals interested in starting a career in the medical field, nursing or pharmacy school applicants or those looking to develop skills may benefit from this program.
It is advisable and highly recommended that if you wish to become a certified pharmacy technician, then ensure to follow all the processes and information here.
What Is A Pharmacy Technician Certification
The pharmacy technician certification exam tests your knowledge and skills related to typical pharm tech job duties and functions.
This includes dispensing prescription medications, organizing inventory, and providing customer service. Your pharmacy technician certification means you have passed the certification test given by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB).
The Pharmacy Technician Certificate includes theory and a pharmacy tour during the specified period of the program.
You will learn dosage forms and classifications, pharmacy laws and regulations, prescription processing, drug information references, alternative medicine, repackaging and compounding, and over-the-counter medicines.
Students will also learn names, actions, uses, and doses of medication, emphasizing medication safety, error prevention, and mathematics. HIPAA security and privacy basics related to the profession are also covered.
What You’ll Gain By The End Of The Program
- You will be able to perform the duties of a Pharmacy Technician.
- Ability to explain the legal and ethical guidelines to which a pharmacy technician must adhere.
- You will be able to discuss how professional standards and ethical principles impact a pharmacy technician.
- You will be able to recall the different classifications of drugs.
- Recognize the different routes of drug administration, forms, and dosages.
- You will be able to recognize the basic anatomy and physiology of the human body.
- You will be able to demonstrate the essential functions relating to inventory control and purchasing.
- Explain the procedures and techniques related to aseptic technique, compounding, and parenteral dosage preparation.
- Ability to differentiate between trade and generic names and abbreviations of drugs.
- You will be able to explain the procedures related to drug manufacturing, packaging, and labeling.
How To Become A Certified Pharmacy Technician
- The first step in getting a Pharmacy Technician Certificate is by applying for a pharmacy technician course/program.
- Various programs prepare you for certification, from on-campus to remote programs that can be completed online, so whatever your circumstances, you can choose the one that is right for you.
- Completing your diploma or degree program with certification prep can prepare you for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam (PTCE) offered by the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB), which is often a requirement for pharm tech roles.
- As part of your pharmacy technician certification prep, you’ll likely be required to complete an on-site externship.
- Your supposed program/course is meant to help you take the PTCB certificate examination and pass.
- If eligible, you can take the PTCB certification exam, either in-person or online, and take note that to take the exam costs $129.
- After successfully applying and passing the certification exam, you may become certified, allowing you to pursue your licensing.
What Can You Do With A Pharmacy Technician Certification
- The certification is valid across the country, and a certified pharmacy tech has wider job prospects and, once certified, can work in any state.
- Certified pharmacy technicians are usually preferred over uncertified ones in the industry, boosting your salary.
- In some states where certification is mandatory to obtain licensure, it reassures patients as the registration certificate is displayed in the pharmacy at all times.
Quick Pharmacy Technician Certification
To know more or get a quick pharmacy technician certification, then apply now.
Conclusion On The Pharmacy Technician Certification 2023/2024
The Pharmacy Technician Certification is only available and should be taken by an eligible candidate; and make use of all the tips and application forms to successfully register and pass your Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam this 2023/2024 session.
The Pharmacy Technician Certification application link procedures will put you through to be fully aware of all the requirements and fees before registering for it; however, make use of the link and apply.
As you get updates about Pharmacy Technician Certification 2023/2024, please bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like The Pharmacy Technician Certification 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.