There are several fantastic career opportunities, and for this reason, all Part-Time jobs in Canada are available here on this post; hence make sure to get a suitable one that suits your skills.
You can take up a Part-Time job if you wish to gain extra money and experience, and take note that these part-time jobs consist of both unskilled and skilled jobs.
You have to acquire all the necessary and mandatory requirements for a skilled Part-Time job before applying for the job.
To get updated on all the latest vacancies for Part-Time jobs in Canada, then endeavor to use the application links provided to apply now.
Description On Part-Time Jobs In Canada
Part-time work or a part-time job is a flexible work arrangement which means working less than full-time hours. It usually means working fewer days per working week, and employees are normally considered to be part-time if they commonly work fewer than 30 hours per week.
Nowadays, it is claimed that the majority of students prefer doing part-time jobs with their studies to fulfill their needs and requirements, thereby creating a balance between study and work.
Indeed, by working in a fast-paced part-time environment, you will learn how to work as part of a team or on your own, as well as how to use your initiative and develop considerable attention to detail – all valuable skills that can be carried across different jobs and in all aspects of life!
Types Of Part-Time Jobs In Canada
This is a compilation of popular Part-Time jobs that can easily be gotten in Canada with nicely laid out salaries as well, and they include;
- Mail Carrier
- Personal driver
- Warehouse worker
- Tour guide
Available Part-Time Jobs In Canada
Century Group is a BC-based, family-owned, mixed-use real estate development company with a mission of Leading by Design to create places that increase the sum of human happiness by connecting people to transit, to growing food, and each other through a strong sense of community.
Be part of Century Group where people are engaged in their core values of community, collaboration and creativity.
1. Assistant Caretaker
Reporting to the Southlands Caretaker, the Southlands Assistant Caretaker shall be responsible for the overall cleanliness and landscape maintenance and repair of Southlands leasehold areas as well as Southlands public areas under the Century Groups responsibility.
All work is performed in accordance with safety standards and guidelines/routines with the goal of exceptional customer service.
- The caretakers are the face of Southlands for the residents and public; the successful candidate must be good-natured, pleasant in daily interactions and have strong communication skills
- Strong knowledge and ability in landscaping duties
- Ability to safely operate small tractors and equipment on challenging terrain
- Able to complete preventative maintenance on small equipment
- Remove litter from grounds, empty waste receptacles and clean lids
- Performs routine irrigation sprinkler maintenance and repair
- Assists with the routine maintenance, inventory and quality of any equipment necessary to perform the work.
- Cleaning public/semi private washrooms
- Minor plumbing repairs – clogged toilets, leaking fixtures etc.
- Repairs to door hardware
- Exterior painting as required
- Maintains and/or repairs fencing and/or other hardscape where appropriate.
- Ensures the overall cleanliness of adjacent boulevards, relevant landscape areas, farm edges and ditching adjacent to public roads and the entire
- Market Square (excluding the Earthwise leasehold area), exterior areas in and around Southlands facilities owned by Century Group.
- Performs seasonal duties such as installing holiday lights and snow removal and salting when required.
- Other projects and duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED and landscape experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES
- Ability to complete landscaping duties as required
- Knowledge of trades related to grounds maintenance and repair.
- Knowledge of machinery, equipment, and tools necessary for the maintenance and repair of public grounds, landscaping, sprinkler systems, pumps, water features.
- Knowledge of Occupational hazards and safety precautions.
- Skills in following safety practices and recognizing hazards.
- Skill in using hand and power tools.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff and the public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to work in all types of weather
- Ability to stand, stoop, walk, lift heavy objects (up to 50 pounds) and perform other similar actions during the course of the workday
2. Bartender (Part-time/Full-time) – Dominion Bar + Kitchen
This role of Bartender reports to the Assistant General Manager.
- Proper set-up, maintenance and adherence to scheduled duties within the bar, lounge or patio areas, ensuring everything in place and par stock is maintained for all service related items
- The preparation of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages using standardized drink recipes and presentation standards
- Seating guests, taking/placing orders, preparing speciality items, serving food and beverages, clearing, cleaning and resetting designated areas
- Placing orders through designated POS systems, reviewing final checks and securing payment
- Maintaining a composed and professional demeanour while providing exemplary guest service.
- Being aware of menu items, menu and operational changes and communicating the information as appropriate
- Protecting the organization, guests and co-workers by adhering to appropriate food, liquor, workplace service, operational and safety standards
- Ensuring that all property, furnishings, equipment and supplies are used according to proper instructions and intended use
- Performs other duties as assigned and directed by GM & Assistant GM
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Have experience in a similar environment, including a hotel, restaurant, catering or other fast-paced high-volume establishment
- Have valid Serving it Right and Foodsafe Level 1 certificates. Certificates in mixology would be considered an asset
- Have a good understanding of beer, wine, liquor, non-alcoholic beverages, common drink recipes, basic food & beverage pairings or accompaniments, different cuisines and food preparation methods
- Be able to upsell through detailed product knowledge and effectively handle all guest inquiries including food and beverage suggestions, dietary, food sensitivity or allergy requirements
- Accurately operate POS terminals, debit payment systems, Open Table and other computerized or electronic systems
- Have the ability to handle inventory management, financial transactions, float management and proper product use to eliminate waste and spillage
3. Hairdresser (Contractor) – Magnolia Gardens
They are seeking a part time hairdresser to join the team! You will be providing hairdressing and barbering services to older adults, many with cognitive deficits such as dementia, in a Licensed Care setting.
You will be providing an individualized service to the senior that will be a positive experience to improve their quality of life. You must have a good understanding of how to effectively communicate with older adults with cognitive impairments. This role will report to the Director of Care.
- Provides hair salon services for male and female residents residing within the Licensed care community.
- Books appointments with residents based on their requests.
- Liaise with Administrative Assistant for all invoicing and billing requirements.
- Promotes resident-focused philosophy.
- Observes and reports resident hair and scalp conditions to the Registered Team on duty.
- Participates and contributes in all aspects of quality, risk, records and infection control measures related to Salon operations and achieving care plan goals.
- Required to have a COVID-19 health and safety plan.
- Deals tactfully and courteously with residents, resident’s family, visitors and staff in a positive manner.
- On-site hairdressing salon equipped with chairs, towels and salon.
- Towels and laundry service provided.
- Hairdresser/Hair Stylist Provides: Hair products, small equipment such as combs, scissors, rollers etc.
- Day to day tidying of the salon. Full cleans completed by in house staff.
- Prices geared to seniors, and only adjusted with approval of the General Manager.
- Monthly chair rental fee payable to the individual Bria Communities workplace.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in relation to any personal information of the client.
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Valid Hairdressing/Aesthetics license and must provide a copy of Hairdressing certificate.
- Experienced in providing hair salon services to seniors; Experience in Licensed Care settings ideal.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Must have Liability Insurance and a WorkSafeBC Waiver.
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain good interpersonal relations by displaying tact, courtesy and patience with residents, staff, family members, volunteers and visitors. Also must demonstrate a pleasant courteous manner when on the telephone or answering inquiries.
- Must possess the qualities and attitude that respects and maintains the spirit, dignity and individuality of the residents and employees.
- Must have the ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize the daily workload in an effective and efficient manner. Must be resourceful, creative and adaptive in dealing with individual resident families and others, as well as show empathy for and understand the needs of the elderly and disabled
How To Apply
To apply refer to the link below and go through all the available job listings and send in your application form.
Average Salary Of Part-Time Workers In Canada
The average part time salary in Canada is $35,039 per year or $17.97 per hour.
Entry-level positions start at $29,250 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $53,513 per year.
Conclusion On Part-Time Jobs Canada 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Part-Time Jobs Canada 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
When there are no full-time positions available within a given company, candidates should apply and accept Part-Time employment to position themselves as the obvious candidate when a coveted full-time slot becomes available, for it helps you gain experience and training in fields you are unfamiliar with.
The article above gives you crucial information about the Part-Time Jobs Canada 2023/2024 to start applying.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Part Time Jobs Canada 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.