Do you have a passion for Music and want to share it with others? You may want to consider a career as a music teacher in Melbourne.
Music teachers come in many forms. Some music teachers work in schools from elementary to high school levels and teach many students.
Other music teachers give lessons individually to younger and older students and may work out of their homes or as private music teachers at a music store.
Music Teacher Jobs In Melbourne are available in this post for interested candidates who wish to apply for teaching jobs in Melbourne, especially if they have a passion for Music.
Table of Contents
As a music teacher, you will lead your students through musical practice, allowing them to create musical sounds, melodies, and harmonies using both musical instruments and their voices and bodies.
Teach orchestra, band, choir, or any combination of the three. Work with kids to produce plays, concerts, and other musical events.
Test students on their knowledge by giving them practice assignments and other music-related tasks. Maintain grades, schedule parent meetings, and exchange progress updates. You never know; you might inculcate in them a passion for Music and culture that will last a lifetime.
Music instruction can be a rewarding professional choice or merely a stepping stone to another choice. While teaching Music, one can readily advance other musical objectives. The work is pretty flexible and offers.
A music teacher can work in public or private schools, colleges, stores, or even out of their home. Those who work at schools have regular Monday through Friday hours, with holidays and summers off. Extra time is spent on rehearsals, especially before large performances.
Music teachers who give private lessons out of their homes or at music stores generally set their hours and decide how many students they want to see.
Available Music Teacher Jobs Melbourne
Victoria Education State has various positions for music teachers to apply for in Melbourne, and if you have a passion for both students and Music, you should consider the following job offers.
1. Classroom Teacher Specialist Music / Performing Arts
2. Teacher Of Music
3. Classroom Teacher Specialist Music / Performing Arts
4. Classroom/ Instrumental Music Teacher: Part-time, Fixed-term 0.4FTE
5. 0.4 Instrumental Music (Voice & Woodwind) and several more
For the vacancies mentioned above, below are the general information regarding them, their qualifications, and their expected roles in the Victoria Government School.
- SC1 Demonstrated knowledge of the relevant curriculum, including the ability to incorporate the teaching of literacy and numeracy skills. Demonstrated experience in responding to student learning needs.
- SC2 Demonstrated experience in planning for and implementing high-impact teaching strategies, guided by how students learn and evaluating the impact of learning and teaching programs on student learning growth.
- SC3 Demonstrated experience in monitoring and assessing student learning. Demonstrated data literacy and experience in using data to inform teaching practice and providing feedback on student learning growth and achievement to students and parents.
- SC4 Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills. Demonstrated experience in establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships with students, parents, colleagues, and the broader school community to support student learning, agency, well-being, and engagement.
- SC5 Demonstrated behaviors and attitudes consistent with Department values and School Values. Demonstrated experience in reflecting upon practice and engaging in professional learning to improve the quality of teaching continually.
- SC6 Demonstrated outstanding professional and personal attributes, including collaboration, humility, and an improvement focus. The ability to balance high expectations of all learners with inclusivity and positive education practices maximizes student engagement and a love of learning and improves learning outcomes.
The classroom teacher classification comprises two salary ranges- ranges 1 and 2. The primary focus of the classroom teacher is on the planning, preparation, and teaching of programs to achieve specific student outcomes.
The classroom teacher engages in critical reflection and inquiry to improve knowledge and skills and effectively engage students and improve their learning.
As the classroom teacher gains experience, their contribution to the school program beyond the classroom increases. All classroom teachers may be required to undertake other duties besides their rostered teaching duties, provided the responsibility is appropriate to the teacher’s salary range, qualifications, training, and experience.
Classroom teacher Range 1
The primary focus of the range 1 classroom teacher is on further developing skills and competencies to become an effective classroom practitioner with structured support and guidance from teachers at higher levels and the planning, preparation, and teaching of programs to achieve specific student outcomes.
At range 1, teachers develop school policies and programs and assist in implementing school priorities. The focus of a range 1 classroom teacher is on classroom management, subject content, and teaching practice. In their initial teaching years, new entrants receive structured support, mentoring, and guidance from higher-level teachers.
Teachers at range 1 are responsible for teaching their own classes and may also assist and participate in policy development, project teams, and the organization of co-curricular activities.
The role of the classroom teacher may include but is not limited to:
- Direct teaching of groups of students and individual students;
- Contributing to the development, implementation, and evaluation of a curriculum area or other curriculum program within
- Undertaking another classroom teaching-related and organizational duties as determined by the School Principal;
- Participating in activities such as parent/teacher meetings; staff meetings; camps, and excursions;
- Undertaking other non-teaching supervisory duties.
Classroom teacher Range 2
Range 2 classroom teachers play a significant role in assisting the school to improve student performance and educational outcomes determined by the school strategic plan and state-wide priorities and contributing to the development and implementation of school policies and priorities.
A critical component of this work will focus on increasing the knowledge base of staff within their school about student learning and high-quality instruction to assist their school in defining quality teacher practice.
Range 2 classroom teachers will be expected to:
- Have the content knowledge and pedagogical practice to meet the diverse needs of all students
- Model exemplary classroom practice and mentor/coach other school teachers to critically reflect on their practice and support staff to expand their capacity.
- Provide expert advice about the content, processes, and strategies that will shape individual and school professional learning
- Supervise and train one or more student teachers
- Assist staff in using student data to inform teaching approaches that enable targets related to improving student learning outcomes.
Who May Apply
Teachers currently registered or eligible for registration with the Victorian Institute of Teaching and qualified to teach and/or have demonstrated experience in the curriculum area(s) specified for the position.
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below after ensuring that you meet all the qualifications as specified by the Victoria State Government Education & Training.
Salary Of Music Teachers In Melbourne
The average music teacher’s salary in Melbourne is $89,593 per year or $45.95 per hour.
Entry-level positions start at $77,695 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $126,993 per year.
Conclusion Music Teacher Jobs In Melbourne 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Music Teacher Jobs In Melbourne in 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance; with this selection of Music Teacher Jobs In Melbourne 2023/2024, you have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Music Teacher Jobs In Melbourne in 2023/2024 for you to start applying for.
After your search, applying, and finally getting employed, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Music Teacher Jobs In Melbourne 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.