There are so many diverse opportunities for Foreigners in Norway, and if you wish to be able to grab one of the numerous opportunities, then go through this post and apply.
Norwegians are usually motivated by personal development, a good working environment, and friendly colleagues; hence as a foreigner, you won’t have trouble adjusting.
Take note that a foreigner who wishes to migrate to Norway to work must meet certain requirements; however, all the details pertaining to that will be highlighted.
In this post, there will be several jobs that only foreigners can apply for; ensure to go through them and apply for the field in which you specialize.
Norway’s job market is very healthy as 70% of the population is in the labor force. Working days in Norway include 40 hours of work per week, nine hours a day. Five days a week is the typical working week in this country.
To get a job in Norway as a foreigner, you must first ensure you meet the requirements and eligibility for working in Norway.
You may need a visa depending on where you are coming from and must meet certain income criteria to obtain one.
You may also need to meet a certain level of education to be considered a skilled worker in this country and to be hired over a local.
Types Of Jobs For Foreigners In Norway
- Engineering Jobs
- Teaching Jobs
- Hospitality Jobs
- IT Jobs
- Healthcare Jobs
- Driving Jobs
- Legal Jobs
- Sales Jobs
- Marketing Jobs
Available Jobs In Norway For Foreigners
The following, which will be mentioned below, are the available jobs for foreigners to apply for in Norway; hence make sure that you meet all the qualifications before applying so that you can be successful in your quest.
New Balance provides equal opportunities for all current and prospective associates and takes affirmative action to ensure that employment, training, compensation, transfer, promotion, and other terms, conditions, and privileges of employment are provided.
They employ without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, handicap, genetic information, and/or status as an Armed Forces service medal veteran, recently separated veteran, qualified disabled veteran, or other protected veteran.
The vacancies within New Balance are highlighted below;
1. Production Workers – Come Grow With Us! (Norway Factory)
New Balance’s production workers serve a critical function within the manufacturing team and their broader business.
These associates are builders and creators – the group that transforms the raw materials into world-class footwear.
With a focus on safety and quality, they perform the various machine operations that bring our shoes to life.
If you are new to manufacturing, don’t worry! They are open to a variety of skill sets and backgrounds.
If you like working with your hands, learning new skills, and being part of a team environment, this role may be the perfect start to your career at New Balance.
- High school diploma/GED
- Must be a team player!
- Willingness to learn new skills, expand job knowledge, and adapt to a changing environment
- The ability to: stand for 8 hours and move from role to role or sedentary standing; lift light to moderate amounts of weight; perform repetitive upper extremity motions and repetitive forceful grip/pinch movement requiring both hands, use of foot pedals on some machines.
- The use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Standard 40-hour workweek applies: Mon-Fri 6:30 am-3:00 pm
- Willing to adjust work schedule to meet a reasonable amount of overtime based on business need
2. Manufacturing Engineer
New Balance’s Manufacturing Engineer will create, build and execute Domestic Manufacturing Engineering Improvement strategies that will drive New Balance to be a Top 3 Global Athletic Brand.
As a Manufacturing Engineer, you will plan, design, and direct safe manufacturing processes to maximize efficiencies, eliminate waste and improve quality.
Roles & Duties
- Actively manages and supports all manufacturing engineering functions within the location they support.
- Identifies and creates new engineering opportunities that will bring operational advantages.
- Increase manufacturing efficiencies by recommending and implementing process enhancements.
- Manages all aspects of new or revised product development including involvement in the design review process, evaluating manufacturability of the product, creating factory prototypes, and overseeing product trials.
- Implementation of innovative technologies which demonstrates New Balance’s commitment to domestic manufacturing growth.
- Manages continuous improvement and cost reduction projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, and communication skills with the ability to manage and lead change initiatives and consistently role model the NB Leadership Competencies.
- Strategic project planning, analytical and technical skills in manufacturing processes and methods.
- Experience with new processes and new equipment introduction to include an understanding of process and equipment validation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; highly PC literate with a focus on MS Office; CAD; Project Management, and Control Charts.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum five years of hands-on experience with modern manufacturing techniques and equipment, focusing on Lean Manufacturing principles.
3. Manufacturing Team Supervisor
To supervise the assigned team’s day-to-day operations to achieve safety, quality, delivery, production, and cost goals while staying in line with the Leadership Competencies and Core Values of New Balance.
- Manage the manufacturing process with thorough planning of personnel, equipment, materials, and other critical resources.
- Ensure the Value streams/teams support and understand standard work and quality.
- Consistently analyze takt time, cycle time, and balance charts accordingly while utilizing A3 problem solving to ensure continuous improvements and new style implementations.
- Trains develop, recognize, and manage associates, preparing qualified candidates for personal succession.
- Provides clear, consistent feedback, and provides coaching and development opportunities, including timely and meaningful performance appraisals.
- Leads process improvements and team developments by overseeing the implementation of Lean tools and their application.
- Requires a high school diploma and 3 to 5 years of leading people and teams to high performance.
- College degree preferred.
- Prefer Bilingual speaking – English and Spanish fluent
- Able to prioritize, multi-task, and communicate effectively and efficiently verbally and in writing.
- Understands and believes in New Balance Core Values.
- PC skills include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Project management skills
- Experience in shoe-making process or similar manufacturing process: commitment to learn and practice TPS principles and all NB Lean programs preferable.
4. Machine Mechanic
As a Machine Mechanic, you will perform routine maintenance on machines and equipment while adhering to departmental standards and machine maintenance schedules.
- Perform routine maintenance on machines.
- Utilize a broad range of hand power tools to perform various duties.
- Detect and repair improper operation of equipment.
- Follow safety rules and regulations and maintain quality standards.
- Work closely with the Mechanic team to cross-train and support technicians on all manufacturing machinery and equipment.
- Utilize a working knowledge of machinery, equipment, and processes to repair and improve.
- Learn about inventory and gain knowledge of maintaining inventory parts.
- Support and help lead projects and TPM/Lean Initiatives.
- Minimum of two years of shop training or machine operator experience.
- Two to five years of broad related work experience utilizing electrical, mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic technologies.
- Ability to lead activities for their individual projects.
- Must be fully cross-trained on all manufacturing machinery and equipment. Willingness to learn other jobs.
- Basic Computer knowledge is essential.
- Moderate to heavy lifting is required. Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
To apply for any of the vacancies mentioned above, refer to the link below and apply after making sure that you meet all the requirements and you are up for the roles to be carried out.
Salary Of Foreigners In Norway
The average salary in Oslo, Norway, is currently around 31000 NOK per month after taxes as of 2022.
That is around 3600 USD per month and one of the highest average salaries for European capitals.
Conclusion On-Jobs In Norway For Foreigners 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Jobs In Norway For Foreigners, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Jobs In Norway For Foreigners; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start and continue your passion.
The article above gives crucial information about the Jobs In Norway For Foreigners 2023/2024 for high school students to start applying.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Jobs In Norway For Foreigners 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.