Are you a woman, and you are searching for jobs in Alaska specifically for women? then this post is for you!
Let’s break the ice; Alaska is a great place, but there aren’t as many jobs in the State, given that Alaska’s unemployment rate is higher than the national average.
But except this, other factors have plagued the Alaskan people and environments; the crime and its weather have served as s a disadvantage to some businesses, hindering the people from setting up businesses.
All of these mentioned factors above don’t hinder some jobs from being available in the state; with its unemployment, available jobs are very hard to secure.
Given that no one will be favored in employment, interested candidates are always advised to ensure they meet the specific requirements for the desired job to avoid disappointment.
In this post, we will discuss the jobs in Alaska, topping it with the available jobs for women and how to apply for them.
Interested candidates are always advised to get acquainted with the exact requirements for the specific jobs they desire to secure in Alaska.
To find more details on the topic, surf the post to get acquainted.
“Women’s work” primarily refers to roles related to housekeeping, such as cooking, sewing, ironing, and cleaning. It may also refer to professions that include these functions, such as maid and cook. But there is much more to Women’s work.
In the world, some jobs are not for women, jobs as the president, mechanical engineer, military jobs, etc. Though in the jobs listed, there are women workers, it isn’t just as common as other jobs such as nurse, administrative assistant, teachers, maids, waiter/waitress, etc., especially in the United States.
And in Alaska, unemployment is above the national average. Alaska is one of the U.S. states with an excellent work-life experience and is ranked 20th among the states in per capita income.
Cost of living comparisons are imprecise, but one study ranks Kodiak, Juneau, Fairbanks, and Anchorage among the survey’s ten most expensive cities.
Though factors plaguing Alaska, it still has an adequate number of qualified people to fill most jobs. A Caution: Exercise caution when you see books or ads that guarantee “big money jobs” in Alaska.
Many offer names of companies and require you to find your job. The research was done by the Department of Labor and Workforce Development, and it was forecasted that Alaska expects to recover 9,800 jobs over the coming year.
In Alaska, there are both skilled jobs and unskilled jobs, and some of the most in-demand occupations in Alaska are Dentist assistants, Medical assistants, Personal Care assistants, Pedicab drivers, etc.
It is essential to note that it is relatively hard to secure jobs in Alaska, mainly because most jobs are low-paying tourism-related jobs that only last for a few months.
Available Jobs In Alaska For Women
The following are some of the available jobs in Alaska for Women.
- Customer Service Agent
- Sales Representative
- Executive Assistant
Customer Service Agent
- Assist guests with travel needs (e.g., answering inquiries, ticketing, checking-in passengers, and boarding flights) in a fast-paced environment.
- Sell tickets and ensure cabin accommodations.
- Perform computer, iPad, and paperwork tasks.
- Evaluate and prepare flights by arranging seat assignments and loads, coordinating special meals, and upgrades.
- Perform boarding and gate duties (e.g., checking flight tickets, assisting and directing passengers, making announcements, checking aircraft, and confirming cabin security).
- Process and secure passenger luggage.
- At the direction of management, may be assigned to perform duties of varying capacities to ensure complete guest satisfaction.
- Six months of customer service or community service experience.
- Possess exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (e.g., verbal, written, and listening).
- I am typing speed of at least 25 WPM.
- Ability to consistently lift 50 lbs.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, squat, reach and grasp.
- Flexibility to work varied shifts (e.g., weekends, holidays).
- Ability to participate in paid training.
- Ability to learn and operate a computerized reservation system.
- Ability to adapt to performing work according to to set procedures.
- Ability to anticipate the needs of others in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
- Providing customers with the products they need to keep them up and running
- Meeting with customers every day to create solutions
- Developing relationships and building friendships along the way
- Providing world-class vendor-managed inventory
- Attentive skills
- Social Selling skills
- Active Listening.
- Sales skills
- Communication Skills
- Drive customer success
- You’re a problem-solver
- Decision maker
Support the CEO and Company to meet goals.
- Manage special projects for the CEO and Management team that relate to core operational priorities
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners
- Manage logistics that position CEO for personal and professional success.
Manage CEO’s calendar and set up meetings
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Plan appointments and events
- Ensure that the CEO’s calendar is well organized
- Track and respond to emails promptly
- Track daily expenses and prepare weekly monthly or quarterly reports
- Serve as a “key driver” of information flow.
Helping prepare for meetings and take notes when present
- File and retrieve corporate records, documents, and reports
- Prepare daily and weekly briefing documents about upcoming events and deadlines to share with the CEO and Chief of Staff
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Work experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar role
- Strong familiarity with Google Suite
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to think proactively and prioritize work
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects in an entrepreneurial environment
Jobs In Alaska Salary
The average salary of jobs in Alaska is approximately $62,700 per year.
How To Apply For Jobs In Alaska For Women
The list below states the steps to apply for Jobs In Alaska For Women:
- When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
- You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
- Review the job advertisement and role description.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
- Select the ‘Apply Online button.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On Jobs In Alaska For Women
In conclusion, with the update above on Jobs In Alaska, one is aware of the requirements, average salaries, and available Jobs In Alaska For Women.
Click the “Apply Now” button to secure a chance to work in Alaska.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Jobs In Alaska For Women 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.