One of the crucial roles in studying abroad or in Australia specifically then you must get a student visa that will enable you to study in Australia.
Then in this article, I will be providing you with ways on how you can get an Australian Student Visa if you wish to study any course of your choice in any of the Australian Universities.
If you are a New Zealand student then you don’t need to apply for a Student visa but outside this, every other commonwealth student must apply for a student visa in order to study.
Make sure to read and follow all processes/steps provided here on this page in order to get a Student Visa for this post is authentic and free from misinformation.
Table of Contents
Requirement To Get An Australian Student Visa
Make sure that before you apply for an Australian student visa you must have met the criteria meted out by your chosen university for international students especially.
However, to apply for a student visa, you must meet some criteria which will be outlined
- You must apply for an Australian Student Visa You must be enrolled in an Australian university/college.
- After you have successfully received a letter of acceptance from your university and paid all associated fees, you should receive a document called a confirmation of enrollment (CoE) for each course you’ll be taking while studying abroad in Australia.
- In essence, make sure that you have your CoE before commencing with your visa application.
- You are expected to complete the English proficiency requirement especially if you are not from an English speaking country so as to
- This test includes IELTS, TOEFL iBT, Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic, and Cambridge Advanced English (CAE).
- Make sure that you are healthy and fit before applying for your visa and keep the documents
- Make sure to also have a valid before you begin your student visa application.
- The students are required to show through a written personal statement that they’re only seeking a visa to enter Australia to study temporarily with the GTE( Genuine Temporary Entrant).
- Make sure that you are financially fit before applying so that they can cover both the living, health and feeding fees
- It is required of students to know that the cost of living that has been set for international students apart from tuition fees and is AUS $19,830 per year.
- Students are required to provide proof of good character which necessarily suggests that you do not have any criminal case against you and/ or you have never been deported from Australia before.
However, if you need assistance with your immigration and visa application process, the team of migration experts at IDP Australia will be able to offer free help!
Documents Required for an Australia Study Visa
You will generally need the following basic documents while applying for an Australia Student Visa.
- The Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment as proof of admission into a college or university.A valid passport.
- Your visa application fee.
- Your GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant) statement.
- Academic and work experience documents.
- Evidence of financial ability to meet expenses like tuition fees, living expenses, living costs for dependents, and return airfare.
- Details of OSHC health insurance policy.
- Statement of purpose.
- Passport-size photographs.
- You will also be required to provide additional documents like parental consent if you are under 18 years of age.
Types Of Australia Student Visa To Apply For
Before applying for a student visa, make sure to know the specified period you will be spending or will be taken to complete the course you are going over to study and from there you can apply for a visa that suits that purpose. The Australia International Students Visa includes the following;
- Student Visa (subclass 500) – is applicable for 5 years
- Visitor Visa (subclass 600, 601, 651) – is applicable for the maximum of 3 months of study
- Working Holiday Visa (subclass 417 and 462) – is applicable for the maximum of 4 months of study
- Student Guardian Visa (subclass 590) – For guardian with the international student in Australia and 3 months’ study or ELICOS course for 20 hours per week for the duration of visa.
- Temporary Graduate Visa (subclass 485) – For international students completing Australian education to stay and gain work experience for 18 months to 4 years.
- Training Visa (subclass 407) – For international students who want to come to Australia on a temporary basis to participate in occupational training or professional development
Cost/Fee Requirements for an Australia Study Visa
|Visa Subclass||Base Application Charge||Additional Applicant Charges if 18 Years or Above||Additional Applicant Charges if Less Than 18 Years||The Subsequent Temporary Applicant Charge|
|Student Visa – (Subclass 500)||AUD 620||AUD 460||AUD 150||AUD 700|
|Student Visa – (Subclass 500) (Subsequent Entrant)||AUD 620||AUD 460||AUD 150||AUD 700|
|Student Visa – (Subclass 500) Foreign Affairs or Defense Sector||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Student Visa – (Subclass 500) Postgraduate Research Sector||AUD 620||Nil||Nil||Nil|
Processes To Apply for Visa
Apply online for the Australian Student visa by:
- Create a login for ImmiAccount on homeaffairs.gov.au or download in pdf format for offline application
- Attach required documents
- Pay Visa application fees
- Australian student visa fees can be paid via MasterCard (including Debit MasterCard), VISA (including VISA Debit Card), American Express, Diners Club, JCB, China Union Pay, Prepaid credit cards, PayPal, and BPAY.
- The decision on your Australian student visa application will be sent to you in writing.
- If you are accepted, the letter will consist of your visa grant number, the date on which visa expires, and conditions on your student visa.
You can stay back for up to 5 years in Australia with a student visa. However, you are allowed to stayuntil your course completes.
Reasons Why Visa Applications Are Refused
- When there are Incorrect/ Incomplete Documents
- Choosing a course unrelated to previous academic studies
- Lack or Inability to support tuition, living and other costs in Australia
- Incompetency in English Language Proficiency
- Health issues
- Inability to explain yourself as GTE (Genuine Temporary Entrant)
- Criminal records (if any)
- Failure to meet academic requirements
- Intentions of not leaving the country
Processing Time Range For Student Visa Application
Before you submit your visa application ensure that you meet all the eligibility requirements.
The processing time for your visa is usually four weeks. You can apply for the visa 124 days before the start of your course and you can travel to the country 90 days before the commencement of your course.
Conclusion On How to Get an Australian Student Visa 2023/2024Finallly the above procedures will officially put you in a right track to be able to to secure an international student visa so as to go to Australia and study your course.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like How to Get an Australian Student Visa 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.