Partaking in the Gates Cambridge scholarships is excellent as it has crucial and concrete information and updates for a smooth entry.
This post will provide you with a full range of options on fully funded university academic sessions, and make sure to apply to those that suit your desires in Gates Cambridge.
I would appreciate it if you followed all the acknowledged criteria and requirements that concern the Gates Cambridge scholarship for fully funded 2023/2024.
Read through this article and see that this post has what you are looking for; ensure you have the recommended qualifications.
University of Gates Cambridge
The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation established the Gates Cambridge Scholarships in 2000 with a $210 million donation to support outstanding graduate students’ study at the University of Cambridge.
The gates Cambridge scholarship is one of the most competitive and prestigious in the world, with around 1.3% of applicants receiving an award in recent years.
The gift is the largest single donation to a British university and the University’s most prestigious programme for postgraduate students.
Each scholarship covers the cost of a postgraduate degree at the University of Cambridge and includes academic and professional development funding.
More than 2,000 students from more than 110 countries have received the scholarship, and more than 200 Gates Cambridge Scholars are studying anytime.
Gates Cambridge-Fully Scholarship
The University offers many academic fields and majors under Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Scholarship to undertake postgraduate degrees from the UK.
The scholarship will cover all the expenses of studying abroad, and ninety outstanding and talented students outside the UK can avail of the golden opportunity.
The Master’s Degree Scholarship Duration is 2 Years, and for PhD Degree, it is 4 Years, and The University of Cambridge was founded in 1209 and is located in Cambridge and United Kingdom.
Cambridge University is a research institution with many colleges and departments.
This scholarship aims to build a network of future leaders from all around the world, and it is a fully-funded master’s and PhD scholarship in the UK to support and facilitate community leaders.
- This scholarship will cover the total study cost.
- An annual maintenance allowance of £18,744 at the 2022-23 rate will be provided.
- The visa cost will be covered.
- An economy class one-time airfare will be provided.
- The cost of immigration Health Surcharge will be covered.
- Additional academic development funds up to £500-£2000 will be given to attend conferences and other courses. However, the amount depends on the course length.
- The scholarship covers a family allowance of up to £10,944 for one child and £15,612 for two or more children.
- The scholarship also covers hardship costs or the cost of any unforeseen difficulty.
Other Information-Gates Cambridge
Applicants submit their application for admission and funding (Gates Cambridge and another financing) via the University’s Graduate Application Portal.
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course, a College place, and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
Gates Cambridge has the potential access to complete applications for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
To be considered for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship, you must complete the section to apply for admission to a course.
A College Place and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section, and Gates Cambridge has access to the entire application for admission and funding when reviewing applications.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship (Fully Funded) Description
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students; this scholarship is offered for master’s and PhD studies.
This scholarship provides £18,744 stipend per annum, health insurance, academic development funding up to £2,000 and family allowance up to £15,612.
The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program was established in October 2000 with a US$ 210 m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, the most significant single donation ever made to a UK university.
For 2023 Gates Cambridge will give 80 full-cost scholarships to exceptional candidates from outside the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any topic accessible at the University of Cambridge.
Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with about 25 awards in the US and 55 in the International round.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Cambridge
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All the available courses at the University of Cambridge except the methods listed below
- Program Period: Two years for a master’s and three years for a PhD
- Deadline: For US Citizens: October 12, 2022 for International Students: Dependent on your course – either 1 December 2022 or 5 January 2023 (see Course Directory)
Methods which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- One single economy airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and lectures.
- Family allowance – up to £10,944 for one child and £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your regular maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as the University Composition Fee should fund these).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, and you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue receiving your maintenance allowance during this time.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties facing the scholar.
Eligibility Criteria for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
To qualify for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, the candidate must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Academic excellence.
- You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
- A commitment to improving the lives of others.
- A leadership capacity.
- Applicants must be from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree.
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship (Fully Funded)
Please follow the following application instructions to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- Apply for admission to a course, a College place, and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
- Build up an account on the website.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Submit these documents:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words), please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria.
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates reference: In addition to two academic concerns for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a contract about their fit with the scholarship.
- Answer the application questions.
- Apply below.
To learn more about the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, please visit the official website:
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers just like Gates Cambridge Scholarship (Fully Funded) 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation