Getting a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology can be a challenging yet worthwhile opportunity for you to receive extra education, making you more competitive on the job market and more responsive to the changing socio-economic climate.
Students worldwide seeking research and academic opportunities, finding remarkable success in fields ranging from chemistry to psychology to the various humanities fields, should refer to this post.
Hence, if you are in search of a fully-funded Ph.D. program in Clinical Psychology, then you are on the right article as here I will be providing you with a complete list to help you.
What Is Clinical Psychology?
Clinical psychology is an integration of science, theory, and clinical knowledge to understand, prevent, and relieving psychologically-based distress or dysfunction and promote subjective well-being and personal development.
Psychologists who provide clinical or counselling services assess and treat mental, emotional, and behavioural disorders.
They use the science of psychology to treat complex human problems, promote change, promote resilience, and help people discover their strengths.
List Of Available Fully Funded Ph.D. Programs In Clinical Psychology
Clinical psychology doctoral programs are fully funded, with tuition assistance and stipends. This should be at the forefront of anyone looking for programs for PhD in clinical psychology, especially those who would like to work as psychologists after they graduate, and they include;
- Arizona State University (Tempe, Arizona): pays ASU tuition for full-time doctoral students with 20 hour-per-week graduate teaching or research assistantships. Doctoral student stipends in the Department of Psychology are $17,100 for nine months (pre-masters) and $18,100 for nine months (post-masters).
- Fordham University (New York, NY); Over the past several years, incoming students have been offered 100% financial aid, including four years of tuition remission + a stipend for each academic year.
- Louisiana State University (Baton Rouge, LA); Students receiving a graduate assistantship will receive a stipend (approximately $15,050/year) and a full tuition waiver.
- Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine (Chicago, IL); Offers a Research Assistant Scholarship or equivalent award that provides 100% tuition remission, health insurance, and a monthly stipend.
- Rutgers University (New Brunswick, NJ); A guaranteed five years of funding, provided that they maintain good status in the program and financial aid which covers tuition and includes a 10-month stipend or salary.
- Columbia University, Ph.D. in Psychology (New York, NY); receive a fellowship, which supports tuition, health and insurance fees, and an annual stipend through the fifth year, provided that they maintain good academic standing.
- New York University (NYU), Ph.D. in Psychology (New York, NY); All admitted Ph.D. students are guaranteed five years of funding (4 years for those with a Master’s degree). The award package typically includes a full-tuition scholarship, comprehensive health insurance, and a stipend.
- Northwestern University, Ph.D. in Psychology (Evanston, IL); All admitted Ph.D. students receive full funding, including tuition and a stipend, for 5 academic years and 4 summers.
- Harvard University, Ph.D. in Psychology (Cambridge, MA): All admitted Ph.D. students are provided with fellowship packages with up to 6 years of tuition, three years of 10-month support, four summers of research fellowships, and the guarantee of a Teaching Fellowship for the 3rd and 4th years.
- The University of Maryland, Ph.D. in Psychology (College Park, MD); All admitted Ph.D. students are assisted in a fellowship or graduate assistantship for the first five years, which includes tuition remission of up to 10 credits per semester.
- Auburn University – Auburn, Alabama (Clinical Psychology Ph.D. Program); All first-year students have assistantships that pay a stipend and waive the cost of resident and non-resident tuition.
- Yale University – New Haven, Connecticut; All psychology Ph.D. students receive full tuition remission for five years and a 12-month, five-year stipend
- University of Minnesota (Minneapolis, MN): The Department of Psychology guarantees five years of fully funded financial support for all students who are admitted to the PhD program.
- Vanderbilt University (Nashville, TN): All admitted Ph.D. students receive funding for up to five years of study and cover full tuition, a monthly stipend that is highly competitive with comparable programs around the country, and a health insurance package.
How To Get Into A Clinical Psychology Ph.D. Program
- A major in psychology in your B.A. studies.
- Choose a second major or minor that is a strong choice and goes well with Psychology are biology, chemistry, math, social work
- Take practicum and internship courses where you can. Learn to write and speak well.
- Take as much science as you can and score well in math and statistics courses.
- Volunteer to work in some sort of community service program that works with people in distress or need.
- Agencies dealing with abused women or children, Big Brothers or Big Sisters, homeless shelters, geriatric facilities, programs for the autistic or the mentally deficient, etc. Be involved where and when you can in your department—and get to know your professors.
- You will need a good letter of recommendation as you, therefore, apply to realistic programs.
- Make sure to pass the requirement proposed by the institution
The Average Salary Of A Clinical Psychologist
The average salary for a clinical psychologist is $96,641 per year in the United States.
Conclusion On Fully Funded PhD. Programs In Clinical Psychology 2023/2024The Fully Funded PhD. Programs In Clinical Psychology 2023/2024 has been compiled above for easy navigation and for you to make a choice from the numerous list above the option that best suits you
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Fully Funded Ph.D. Programs In Clinical Psychology 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.