There are more than 1500 UK scholarships for international students available at UK top universities for the academic year 2023/2024
And also, the United Kingdom is at the top of the list of best countries to get scholarships, and as in this post, there are also full funded scholarships for international students in the United Kingdom.
And suppose you are interested in securing a scholarship in the United Kingdom, you are in the right place. This post will address the essential information about Full Scholarships For International Students In the UK, detailing their pros and cons.
Sure, scholarships are significant to every student since a scholarship mainly helps a student by easing the student’s expenses concerning their educational expenses, footing the tuition and sometimes the accommodations of a student.
For this reason, my institutions and organizations in the United Kingdom decided to award scholarships to students, especially international students. But unfortunately, not many get to secure the Scholarship due to the limited slots and a high number of applicants.
Securing a scholarship in England has lots of benefits. One benefit is that one will have lots of opportunities to build practical and transferable skills and also benefit from career events and advice. Studying in England will help you reach your potential by challenging you academically and personally and helping you develop your employability skills.
Most of the time, students with the best results/resumes can secure scholarships. So, students are always advised to meet the scholarship requirements to avoid disappointment or disqualification.
Proceed to the post for detailed information about Full Scholarships For International Students in the UK.
A scholarship is a financial support awarded to a student based on academic achievement or other criteria, including the economic need for schooling. There are various types of scholarships, the most common being merit-based and need-based.
The donor or department funding the Scholarship sets the criteria for recipient selection, and the grantor defines explicitly how the money is to be applied. The funds are used to defray the costs of tuition, books, room, board and other expenses directly tied to students’ educational prices through the university.
The United Kingdom provides a comprehensive scholarship program to incoming, current, and rising graduates, whether foreign or native. Scholarships are typically awarded using a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, academic achievement, departmental and community involvement, employment experience, areas of study, and financial need.
The UK government runs various scholarship programmes to financially support international students seeking help funding their studies in the UK. Most universities offering free education in the UK for Indian students have a variety of study abroad scholarships, especially for Indian students, which can be the best way to study in the UK for free.
They may include the GREAT Scholarship, Commonwealth scholarship and Chevening Scholarship. And it is essential to note that getting a scholarship in the UK is challenging but very prestigious.
Some scholarships are paid only on specific programs for a fixed period. After you receive the Scholarship and start studying, you most likely will not be able to switch to another course or extend the scholarship period.
Full Scholarships For International Students In the UK
Chevening Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded master’s Scholarship for international students. Chevening Scholarship covers university tuition fees, a monthly living allowance, an economy class return airfare to the UK, and additional grants and allowances to cover essential expenditures.
Chevening is the international awards system of the UK government that aims to develop worldwide leaders. Chevening provides future leaders and influencers from around the globe a unique chance to grow professionally and academically, network widely, experience UK culture, and create enduring beneficial interactions with the UK. There will be around 1,500 scholarships being provided worldwide.
Chevening Scholarship Summary
- Level of Study: Masters
- Institution(s): UK Universities
- Study in: UK
- Courses Offered: Full-time taught Master’s Degree Program in any subject.
- Program Period: Depends on the selected program but not more than one year of the postgraduate course.
- Chevening Scholarship Deadline: November 1, 2022
Chevening Scholarship Benefits
- University tuition fees.
- A monthly stipend.
- Travel costs to and from the UK.
- An arrival allowance.
- A homeward departure allowance.
- The cost of one visa application.
- A travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria for Chevening Scholarship
To be eligible for Chevening Scholarships, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: The scholarships are targeted to citizens of Chevening-eligible countries. See the official website for a complete list of countries eligible for Chevening scholarships.
- Return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your Scholarship has ended
- Have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to enter a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may differ depending on your course and university choice.
- Have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and receive an unconditional offer from one of these choices by July 13 2023.
You are not eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if you:
- Hold British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Hold refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country qualify for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of
- Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives* of an employee of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply. Still, suppose the employment took place within the last two years. In that case, you could not receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization you work, previously worked with, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Have previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
How to Apply
Please follow the following instructions to apply for Chevening Scholarships:
- Choose your country from here, then choose Chevening Scholarship.
- Create an account.
- Fill your profile with your personal information, save the data and, validate your profile, then start your application.
- Complete the quiz to ensure your eligibility for the Scholarship.
- Fill out the application with the required data and prepare the following documents:
- Completed education documents.
- English language qualification.
- Conditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three).
- Unconditional offers for proposed courses of study (up to three) (You must upload at least one unconditional offer by July 13 2023).
- References (If you are invited to interview, you will be invited to upload two references).
- Passport / ID document.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Pursue your studies in the UK. Good news! Gates Cambridge Scholarship is currently open. Gates Cambridge Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This Scholarship is offered for masters and PhD studies. In this article, we will explain in detail this Scholarship, its benefits and step by the step application process.
This Scholarship provides £18,744 stipend per annum, health insurance, academic development funding up to £2,000 and fmaster’slowance up to £15,612. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program was established in October 2000 with US$ 210 m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, the most significant single donation ever made to a UK university.
For 2023 Gates Cambridge will give 80 full-cost scholarships to exceptional candidates from outside the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any topic accessible at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with about 25 awards in the US and 55 in the International round.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Cambridge
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All the available courses at the University of Cambridge except the methods listed below
- Program Period: Two years for a master’s and three years for a PhD
- For US Citizens: October 12, 2022
- For International Students: Dependent on your course – either 1 Dmaster’s2022 or January 5 2023
Courses which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Gates Cambridge Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- One single economy airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and lectures.
- Family allowance – up to £10,944 for one child and £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your regular maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as the University Composition Fee should fund these).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it, and you may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue receiving your maintenance allowance during this time.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties facing the scholar.
Eligibility Criteria for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Below are the requirements to fulfil to be eligible for the scholarships:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Academic excellence.
- You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
- A commitment to improving the lives of others.
- A leadership capacity.
- Applicants must be from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree.
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
Please observe the following application instructions to apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship:
- Apply for admission to a course, a College place, and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
- Build up an account on the website.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Submit these documents:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words), please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge
- Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria.
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates reference: In addition to two academic concerns for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit concerns about their fit with the Scholarship.
- Answer the application questions.
- Submit the application
Conclusion On Full Scholarships For International Students In the UKIf you want to study at an English University through the scholarships above, go for it and start preparing now!
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers just like Full Scholarships For International Students In UK 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation