Aspiring Federal Government accountants can find positions across specialities, including auditing, financial management, and budget analysis.
The location also plays an important role in determining an accountant’s earning potential, and for this reason, Accountant Jobs in the U.S.A Federal Government will be highlighted for it has a handsome salary backing it up.
Now head below, view what the Accountant job is all about, what’s like securing one in the US Federal Government, the latest available one, the requirements & qualifications, salary, and other related information.
Federal Government jobs, including accounting, can provide firm job security and benefits. Public sector jobs typically follow a predetermined ladder regarding raises and promotions, allowing employees to plan for the future.
Federal Government accountants are employed at all levels of Federal Government – federal, state, and local. At the federal level, Federal Government accountants manage public funds, investigate white-collar crime, perform financial statement audits for Federal Government agencies, and research emerging accounting issues.
Federal Government accountants have the important duty of managing federal, state, and local taxpayer dollars. Federal Government accountants ensure that Federal Governmental bodies are transparent, efficient, ethical, and responsible in their use of funds.
A bachelor’s or master’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field is recommended for Federal Government accountants.
Available Jobs In The U.S.A Federal Government
The following are the available jobs accounting jobs that you can find in the U.S.A Federal Government, so ensure to apply.
1. Accountant Department Of Veterans Affairs
This Accountant position is officially located in VA Central Office (VACO), Office of Management, Office of Revolving Funds (ORF), Supply Fund Fiscal Office (SFFO) office and reports to the Supervisory Accountant and /or Financial Manager (Associate Director).
This office functions as a retail distribution center within VA. The Accountant position will be filled in Washington, DC; Hines, Ill: Golden, CO; or Frederick, MD location. The SFFO office provides accounting support to all VA Staff Offices.
- Serves as an Accountant and performs high-level accounting assignments related to the effectiveness of all Supply Fund Fiscal Operations in support of VA Supply Fund activities for the NAC, SDC, TAC, and/or SAC.
- Works with the Lead Accountant and/or Financial Manager in providing numerous analyses of the status of funds, cash reports, monthly trial balance, and other financial reports to the top management of supported VA Supply Fund entities.
- Provides financial advice and performs accountant work for internal agency operating programs. Reconciles accounts with manual and computer subsidiary accounts.
- Prepares balance sheets and makes adjustments as required. Analyzes cost accounting reports, the status of fund reports, and other financial reports for the preparation of summary statements and reports and propose solutions and alternatives to problem areas.
- Identifies and resolves complex accounting transactions that create out-of-balance conditions in financial reports. Tracks a series of transactions and erroneous adjustments to isolate and correct the original error.
- Performs quality assurance review of existing and proposed accounting processes to provide assurances as to financial integrity and conformance to Federal laws and agency regulations and practices
- Responsible for planning, establishing, and maintaining a commercial-type double-entry accounting system.
- Responsible for maintaining appropriate daily transactions and updating records, computer-generated hard copy listing, subsidiary journals, operating ledger accounts, and fund control points.
- Develop and maintain such controls as may be necessary to assure that Accounting records accurately reflect the financial condition of the Cincinnati VAMC.
- Serves as the technical accounting advisor to the Accounting Technicians.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Section relative to matters of policy, interpretation of regulations and procedures, which are considered to be of greater than average difficulty.
- Responsible for the preparation, analysis, and submission of a variety of financial statements and reports to local management, VACO management, and other agencies or organizations which, includes the Annual Report of Real Property,
- Annual Certification of Accounting Records, Audit of VA Consolidated Financial Statements, and other recurring and non-recurring reports.
- Responsible for advising on proper procedures to be followed when procedures have not been disseminated or developed locally to meet station needs.
How To Apply
To apply, refer to the link below; there are several accountant jobs in the link below, and ensure you fit the requirements and qualifications because there are some jobs open to the general public, only U.S citizens or those who owe allegiance to the country
Now proceed below;
Salary Of Federal Government Accountants
The average annual Federal Government Accounting salary is $82239. The majority pay between $50000 to $104000 per year.
Conclusion On Federal Government Accounting Jobs 2023/2024
You can see the above Federal Government Accounting Jobs lists, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Federal Government Accounting Jobs; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Federal Government Accounting Jobs 2023/2024 for interested candidates to start applying for.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Federal Government Accounting Jobs 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.