Fashion designing is a career path for highly innovative and creative people. If you are currently undergoing a fashion design course, pursuing an internship with a designer or a fashion house is almost as important as attending your everyday classes.
Most designers, as well as design houses, offer internships to fashion design students free of cost. On the other hand, students are paid a monthly stipend during their internship.
However, if you wish to get a Fashion Design Internship, then go ahead and read below all the available ones that you can apply for now!
A fashion design internship allows a student to gain hands-on experience in the fashion industry. Training opportunities are available with fashion magazines, fashion retailers, fashion designers, and other fashion-related businesses.
At the end of the internship, fashion designers will make sketches and illustrations and work on fabrics, prints, textures, and embellishment while also developing new textures and appliques.
Fashion design interns work in different apparel branches, including menswear, womenswear, kids, lingerie, and loungewear, while also including footwear and accessories.
The intern program can vary from two weeks over the summer to many months. Your responsibilities change depending on what part of the industry you study.
The key role of a fashion designer at the end of this internship is to conceptualize garments and make designs around current trends for the world to see and wear.
Types Of Fashion Design Internship
Here is the list of different types of Fashion Design Internship that you can work for in different categories in the fashion industry:
- Haute Couture Design Intern
- Pret-a-porter Design Intern
- Mass Market Design Intern
- Sportwear Design Intern
- Evening Wear Design Intern
- Fashion accessory Design Intern
- Footwear Design Intern
- Kidswear Design Intern
- Swimwear Design Intern
- Lingerie & Loungewear Design Intern
- Sustainable Fashion Design Intern
- Limited Edition
Available Fashion Design Internship
If fashion has always interested you, a career as a fashion design intern could be a great path to pursue. When you pursue this role, you must decide if you’d prefer to create clothes, shoes, or accessories.
However, the currently opened internship positions are highlighted below;
1. Fashion Design Internship – for 3-6 month
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design graduate looking to pursue their career dynamically and successfully brand based in the heart of East London, Romford.
You will assist in the design and development of fashionably viable products that align with market and trend requirements, brand values and target margins.
Ideally, you will have knowledge of garment construction and an understanding of the manufacturing process within wovens and,and be very keen to learn.
You will have a wide scope in exploring many varieties of fabrics to work with. Having a textile background is a bonus.
- Produce design presentation boards, including trends, colors, illustrations, and range plans with the use of illustrator and Photoshop software.
- Researching trends and fabrics/trims, putting story and presentation boards together.
- Attending and liaising with creative designers to discuss designs and first samples.
- Develop paper patterns.
- Manage and keep up-to-date trims/fabric library.
- Liaising with the technical department to create first samples and account managers on new developments when required.
- Developing new presentation methods.
- Good garment construction knowledge.Commercially aware and able to translate broader fashion trends into another specific areas.
- Good presentation skills.Confident skills on Illustrator and Photoshop as well as outlook, word and excel.
- Confident, enthusiastic, self-motivated individual, a team player with the ability to work to critical path deadlines.
How To Apply
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 20MB) to [email protected]
2. The Internship Position – Technical Design Intern (Paid Internship)
AMIRI is seeking a highly organized and motivated Technical Design Intern to join their Production Team! The ideal candidate is pursuing a degree in Fashion Design and is interested in furthering their knowledge in garment construction.
What You’ll Do:
- Flat sketching in Illustrator.
- Creation of tech packs.
- Organize development & production samples.
- Assist Tech Designers in day-to-day tasks and responsibilities
- Work with Designers for label/logo placement.
- Assist in updating weekly WIP reports.
Who You Are:
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Design or related area.
- Basic knowledge of garment construction.
- Team player with a passion for Design & Development.
- Ability to work independently.
- Analytical skills and strong decision-making capabilities.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to set priorities and handle multiple tasks.
Salary Of Fashion Design Interns
Fashion Design Interns in America make an average salary of $42,883 per year or $21 per hour.
Conclusion On Fashion Design Internship 2023/2024
You can see for yourself from the above lists of Fashion Design Internship For Students. I can assure you that some of these fashion internships have an attractive salary, and there are also additional benefits with you learning and working in a conducive environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Fashion Design Internship; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up in London to continue your passion.
The article above gives crucial information related to the Fashion Design Internship 2023/2024 for interested candidates to start applying now.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can henceforth enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to realize your future career.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Fashion Design Internship 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.