ExCPT Exam is an examination taken by aspiring pharmacy technicians who wish to be certified; it is actually different from PTCB despite the fact that they serve the same purpose.
Regardless of which Exam you complete, being certified by the PTCB or NHA assures employers that you are qualified to work safely and effectively with medications and prescriptions, with licensed pharmacists, and in a pharmacy setting.
This article will highlight all the information and clarifications needed for the ExCPT Exam for individuals who wish to take a pharmacy technician exam.
What Is The ExCPT Exam
As explained earlier, the ExCPT Exam is called ‘Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technician, which is taken by aspiring individuals who want to become certified pharmacy technicians.
The ExCPT Exam is also as essential as PTCB the only difference between these two exams is that the PTCB is more recognized for it has been established for a long time, while the NHA’s ExCPT Exam was established by the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT) a few years ago.
PTCB is globally recognized and accepted all through the cities and provinces of the U.S. however; the ExCPT is only accepted and recognized by three states in the U.S. The Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) exam is called the PTCE (Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam).
This was the first Exam designed to certify pharmacy technicians and was the only one for many years. PTCB is by far the largest and most recognized certification organization for pharmacy technicians, Many state regulators recognize both the ExCPT and the PTCE.
There are only three states where just PTCB is recognized that require certification (WY, ND, LA). California, Arizona, and Texas have all recently approved the ExCPT.
Most pharmacy employers seek applicants with a certification, and many mandate it as a requirement. Taking the ExCPT Exam and earning your CPhT certification from NHA can help you stand out and set you up for success.
As a Pharmacy Technician, you may perform some or all of the following tasks:
- Receive prescription requests from patients and doctors’ offices
- Accurately measure medication amounts
- Package and label prescriptions
- Establish and maintain patient records
- Accept payment for prescriptions and process insurance claims
- Manage inventory
ExCPT Practice Test
Peterson’s test prep offers three full-length online ExCPT practice tests. The test prep also gives you the resources you need, including an ExCPT exam study guide with tips on preparing for the ExCPT Exam.
How To Pass The ExCPT Exam
Candidates taking the ExCPT are given two hours to answer 120 multiple choice questions. The test focuses on four general areas: Overview and Laws, Drugs and Drug Therapy, Dispensing Process, and Medication Safety and Quality Assurance.
In order to pass the Exam, you have to know what the exam content is, and they are highlighted below to put you through:
- Questions about the Dispensing Process will be 52% of the Exam. This includes prescription information, preparing and dispensing prescriptions, calculating days supply correctly, etc. This is the most significant single section of the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians and is designed to ensure your knowledge is current and accurate.
- Questions about Regulations and Technician Duties will be 25% of the Exam. This will cover the roles of a pharmacist and a pharmacy technician, functions a technician can and cannot perform, and information on controlled substances and how controlled substances are regulated. Information on labels and packaging will also be covered here. This section will also test your knowledge of the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA).
- Questions about Drugs and Drug Therapy will account for the remaining 23% of the Exam. This includes drug categories, brand and generic names, and drug reactions and interactions. Although this is the minor exam section, it is still very important.
- Study and understand different dosage forms and over-the-counter (OTC) products, including vitamins.
ExCPT Exam Registration
To register for the ExCPT, you will need to create an NHA candidate profile on the NHA website. After you have created your profile, you can apply and register for the Exam. Log into your candidate profile and follow the steps to register for the ExCPT.
Conclusion On The ExCPT Exam 2023/2024
In order to become a licensed pharmacy tech, you will need to pass the Exam for the Certification of Pharmacy Technician ExCPT.
The ExCPT Exam is only available and should be taken by a candidate, and make use of all the tips and free questions to successfully practice and pass your ExCPT Exam this 2023/2024 session.
The ExCPT Exam application link procedures will put you through to be fully aware of all the requirements and fees before registering for it; however, make use of the link and apply.
As you get updates about ExCPT Exam 2023/2024, please bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like The ExCPT Exam 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.