If you’re trying to get into the healthcare sector as a career path, working as a Certified Nurse Assistant In New York is a great headstart to help you pursue your dream in positive dimensions.
It is advisable to read along diligently to get the application process and all the latest CNA jobs in New York that welcome foreigners and citizens.
Ensure you are qualified for this job and can provide all the requirements and documents needed to apply for CNA Jobs In Brooklyn without stress.
The New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation H.H.C is the most extensive municipal healthcare system in the United States, serving 1.4 million patients, including more than 475,000 uninsured city residents.
New York City is also the most densely populated major city in the United States. Located at the southern tip of New York State, the city is the center of the New York metropolitan area, the most extensive metro area in the world by urban landmass.
CNA’s are in high demand in New York Hospitals, so every qualified candidate is sure to get a job.
CNA Job Offers In NYC Hospitals
CNA 2, RADIOLOGY
The Department of Radiology at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a part-time/hourly CNA to attend to patient hygiene and daily living needs to maintain an atmosphere conducive to patient comfort and treatment.
The candidate will also take a patient’s temperature, pulse rate, blood pressure, and respiration rate, Inspect oxygen therapy equipment to ensure appropriate functioning, answer telephones and assist the radiology technologist in patient triage.
- Receive patient valuables and other belongs and conveys them to safe storage, keeping appropriate records.
- Transport patients to and from departments for treatment.
- As directed by professional staff, will move and position as well as lift and transport patients using a variety of lifts and other aids to make patients more comfortable, prepare them for treatment, and deliver them to the appropriate treatment areas.
- Bring bedpans and urinals to patients requiring assistance and attend to incontinent patients.
- Recognize and report abnormal signs and symptoms of conditions to professional staff.
- Communicate with patients, listen to their complaints, and respond by encouraging them to cooperate and participate in treatment activities to help patients achieve attitudes conducive to treatment and rehabilitation.
- Keep inventory of supplies to determine the need for ordering replenishment of supplies.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Participate in quality improvement activities.
- Utilize practical skills in communicating with members of the healthcare team.
- Foster additive public relations with patients, families, visitors, and staff.
- As needed, assist in training new staff in assigned areas.
- Demonstrate utilizing a radiology computer system (Radiology Information System).
- Adhere to hospital patient identification policy.
- Adhere to hospital infection control policy.
- Adhere to hospital time and attendance policy.
- 1-year of satisfactory experience as a CNA equivalent in a hospital is required.
- Current certification as a Brooklyn State Certified CNA preferred.
Hospital attendants work at hospitals and care facilities responsible for janitorial and patient care services.
Their duties include moving patients with limited mobility in wheelchairs, measuring blood pressure, and assisting patients with eating and personal hygiene. To ensure success as an orderly attendant, you should exhibit knowledge of appropriate techniques to help patients and experience in taking basic health measurements.
Ultimately, a top-notch orderly attendant is someone who can be entrusted with the safety of patients and demonstrates a caring approach.
- Assist in and transport patients in the admission, transfer, and discharge procedures and to and from various departments.
- Transport specimens, supplies, equipment, and patient property. Informs unit clerk of any problems with models, etc.
- Provide for patient safety.
- Assist in preparation of unit and patient rooms for receiving admissions, returning surgical patients, transfers, emergencies, or discharges if necessary.
- Assist in transporting bodies to the morgue.
- Report and record any incidents and changes observed in the patient’s condition or behavior.
- Maintain a comfortable environment for patients.
- Practice careful, efficient, and non-wasteful use of supplies.
- Establish positive interpersonal relationships with patients, visitors, and other personnel.
- Assure patient confidentiality.
- Answer call lights, anticipate patients’ needs, and make rounds.
- Attend in-service programs as assigned.
- Participate in the Quality Assurance program.
- Adhere to Infection Control policies and procedures.
- Assist in controlling unit noise level.
- Participate in ensuring patient satisfaction.
- Possession or ability to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities during probation.
- Ability to lift patients and heavy objects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Prior experience in a hospital environment.
- Strong computer literacy.
Nursing Assistant 2
The Department of Nursing at SUNY Downstate Health Sciences University is seeking a full-time Nursing Assistant 2, Emergency Room (Evenings).
Under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse, the successful candidate will perform direct nursing care as delegated, perform indirect nursing care activities as determined by routine assignment and unit activity and demonstrate knowledge of average growth and development in the delivery of care to patients.
- Respond to the changing care needs of patient care areas.
- Participate in activities to promote and foster team spirit and boost unit morale.
- Use problem-solving in meeting patient care and unit needs.
- Maintain a safe and efficient work environment.
- Participate in Quality Improvement activities.
- Utilize practical skills in communicating with members of the health care team.
- Foster positive public relations with patients, families, visitors, and staff.
- Obtain, record, and exchange information on behalf of the patient.
- Take an active role in personal and professional development.
- Ensure decisions and actions are guided by ethical principles.
- 1-year satisfactory experience as a Nursing Assistant or equivalent in a hospital setting.
- Demonstrate strong written, verbal, arithmetic, and comprehension skills.
You will be primarily responsible for helping patients perform physical activities such as bathing, grooming, toileting, eating, and moving.
Depending on the circumstances, patients receive appropriate nutrition can include shopping for groceries, preparing meals, and assisting with eating.
- Obtains patient escort assignments and schedules from a designated Dispatcher/Supervisor, Service Department, and reports to Nurse-in-Charge.
- Introduces self to the patient, explains the nature of the trip and escorts the patient to and from the Nursing Service to a designated area until someone else assumes responsibility for the patient or is given another assignment by the Nursing Supervisor and reports back to the Dispatcher/Supervisor, Service Department.
- Transports patients by wheelchair, stretcher, bed, or stretcher-bed, and escorts ambulatory patients, including those with intravenous apparatus, to and from various nursing units, x-ray, scheduled therapies, various clinics, other diagnostic and therapeutic units, transfers, discharges, religious and recreation centers within the healthcare setting, accompany children to school within.
- Maintains control of patients’ charts and releases same only to authorized personnel.
- Maintains records of patient transport activities, including the time a patient is picked up, the time of patient’s arrival at a specified area, and the time of patient’s return to the Nursing Service.
- Places patients in and out of wheelchair, stretcher, bed, and morgue tray and obtains assistance, if necessary. Positions patients on tables such as read P.T.-ray, P.T., etc. and uses Hoyer lifters and other patient lifting devices.
- Escorts newly-admitted patients to designated areas in the health care setting complex and assists them in storing their luggage, packages, clothing, and other items.
- Responsible for the ready availability, upkeep, and cleanliness of wheelchairs, stretchers, stretcher beds, and morgue trays, and sterilization of incoming patients’ clothing and other items when required.
- Performs such other duties as are necessary when assigned
- Elementary school graduation or equivalent ability to effectively communicate with patients
- Ability to keep simple clinical records
Salary On CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals
Nurses in New York earn an average of $70,850 per year
How To Apply For CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals.
The list below states the steps to apply for CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals:
- When directed to the official website, search for a job at the application link below.
- You can use the search box, divided into various categories, to filter the job of your interest.
- Review the job advertisement and role description.
- Make sure you meet all the requirements before proceeding
- Select the ‘Apply Online button.
- Complete and submit your application.
- Check that you’ve received an email confirming your application.
Conclusion On CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals.
In conclusion, on the different types of CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals and how to apply for the jobs, it is clear that jobs are available In New York For U.S. Citizens.
Seize the chance to secure a CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals by clicking the “Apply Now.” button above.
As you get updates about the CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals 2022/2023, please bookmark our website Fulloaded and share this post with your friends.
Here at Fulloaded, we provide you with Recruitment, Scholarship you need, and Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment; share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: October 2, 2022
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Fulloaded, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals 2022/2023, with all Articles posted on our Fulloaded being Accurate and free from Misinformation.
Feel relaxed as you are entitled to the authentic information on this page about the CNA Jobs In NYC Hospitals 2022/2023.