Cambridge University awards scholarships to students from every background, and if you are interested in securing a scholarship at Cambridge University, you are in the right place.
Sure, scholarships are significant to every student since a scholarship mainly helps a student by easing the student’s expenses concerning their educational expenses, footing the tuition and sometimes the accommodations of a student.
For this reason, my institutions and organizations in the United Kingdom decided to award scholarships to students, especially international students. But unfortunately, not many get to secure the Scholarship due to the limited slots and a high number of applicants.
And suppose you are interested in securing a scholarship at Cambridge university; in this post, i will pinpoint the necessary information about the Cambridge University Scholarship and detail its pros and cons.
It is important to note that the gates Cambridge scholarship is one of the most competitive and prestigious in the world, so with this, it is one of the universities with a slim acceptance rate; around 1.3% of applicants received an award in recent years.
So, interested students must meet the specified requirements of the scholarships to prevent disqualification. Proceed to the post to learn more about the Cambridge University Scholarships For International Students.
Table of Contents
At the University of Cambridge, scholarships awarded to students are made possible through the generosity of foundations, corporations, alums, and friends; Cambridge scholarships can award scholarships to many deserving students each year.
A scholarship is a financial support awarded to a student based on academic achievement or other criteria, including the economic need for schooling. There are various types of scholarships, the most common being merit-based and need-based.
The donor or department funding the Scholarship sets the criteria for recipient selection, and the grantor defines explicitly how the money is to be applied. The funds are used to defray the costs of tuition, books, room, board and other expenses directly tied to students’ educational prices through the University.
The United Kingdom provides a comprehensive scholarship program to incoming, current, and rising graduates, whether foreign or native. Scholarships are typically awarded using a variety of factors, including, but not limited to, academic achievement, departmental and community involvement, employment experience, areas of study, and financial need.
At Cambridge university, students are being chosen/selected based on their demonstration of strong motivation to pursue a career, academic excellence, dedication to community service and need for financial support for their education.
And some examples of the available scholarships through the application are Henry Hampton Scholarship, F.B. Reed Scholarship, Anne W. Hiatt Scholars Fund, Carl F. Barron Scholarship, and the Cambridge College Enrollment Scholarship.
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023 (Fully Funded)
Gates Cambridge Scholarship 2023-2024 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This Scholarship is offered for masters and PhD studies. This Scholarship provides £18,744 stipend per annum, health insurance, academic development funding up to £2,000 and family allowance up to £15,612
. The Gates Cambridge Scholarship Program was established in October 2000 with US$ 210 m from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to the University of Cambridge, the most significant single donation ever made to a UK university.
For 2023 Gates Cambridge will give 80 full-cost scholarships to exceptional candidates from outside the United Kingdom to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree in any topic accessible at the University of Cambridge. Approximately two-thirds of these awards will be offered to PhD students, with about 25 awards in the US and 55 in the International round.
- Level of Study: Masters, PhD
- Institution(s): University of Cambridge
- Study in: UK
- Opportunity Focus Areas: All the available courses at the University of Cambridge except the methods listed below
- Program Period: Two years for a master’s and three years for a PhD
- For US Citizens: October 12, 2022
- For International Students: Dependent on your course – either December 1 2022 or January 5 2023 (see Course Directory)
Methods which are NOT eligible for Gates Cambridge Scholarships:
- Any Undergraduate degree such as BA (undergraduate) or BA affiliated (a second BA)
- Business Doctorate (BusD)
- Master of Business (MBA)
- Master of Finance (MFin)
- MBBChir Clinical Studies
- MD Doctor of Medicine degree (6 years, part-time)
- Graduate Course in Medicine (A101)
- Part-time degrees
- Non-degree courses
Gates Cambridge Scholarship provides the recipient with the following benefits:
- The University Composition Fee at the appropriate rate
- A maintenance allowance for a single student (£18,744 for 12 months at the 2022-23 rate; pro rata for courses shorter than 12 months) – for PhD scholars, the award is for up to 4 years
- One single economy airfare at both the beginning and end of the course
- Inbound visa costs & the cost of the Immigration Health Surcharge
- Academic development funding – from up to £500 to up to £2,000, dependent on the length of your course, to attend conferences and lectures.
- Family allowance – up to £10,944 for one child and £15,612 for two or more children (2022-23 rate). No funding is provided for a partner.
- Fieldwork – you may apply to keep up to your standard maintenance allowance while on fieldwork as part of your PhD (the Trust does not fund other fieldwork costs as the University Composition Fee should fund these).
- Maternity/Paternity funding – should you require it. You may apply to intermit your studies for up to 6 months and continue receiving your maintenance allowance.
- Hardship funding – for unforeseen difficulties facing the scholar.
Eligibility Criteria for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
To qualify for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship, the candidate must fulfil all of the following requirements below:
- Required Language: English
- Eligible Countries: All world countries.
- Academic excellence.
- You should be able to make a strong case for a particular postgraduate degree at Cambridge.
- A commitment to improving the lives of others.
- A leadership capacity.
- Applicants must be from countries outside the UK to pursue a full-time postgraduate degree.
How to Apply for the Gates Cambridge Scholarship
- Apply for admission to a course, a College place, and the Gates Cambridge part of the funding section.
- Build up an account on the website.
- Fill in your personal information.
- Submit these documents:
- Gates Cambridge Statement: In no more than 3000 characters (approximately 500 words), please explain why you are applying for a Gates Cambridge Scholarship and how you meet the four main criteria.
- Research proposal (PhD applicants only)
- Gates reference: In addition to two academic concerns for admission, Gates Cambridge applicants submit a concern about their fit with the Scholarship.
- Answer the application questions.
- Submit the application
To find out more information about the Scholarship, Click Here
Conclusion On Cambridge University Scholarships For International StudentsIf you want to study at the University through the scholarships above, go for it and start preparing now!
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers just like Cambridge University Scholarships For International Students 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation