Being an assistant professor is a highly rewarding field that pays well and has a high level of satisfaction to you especially in Japan.
As an assistant professor, you can focus on your interests because academic positions offer more freedom and independence, chances are your research concentrate on your areas of interest.
Now proceed below to get all the latest vacancies seeking for assistant professors in Japan and make sure to apply after fully making sure that you have met all the requirements.
Assistant professors are entry-level academic staff who assist full-time professors at universities or colleges.
They write proposals for research funding, voice their concerns and suggestions at faculty meetings, recruit and train junior staff, and answer students’ questions via email or over the phone Assistant professors are beginning-level professors at colleges and universities.
An assistant professor position typically requires a Ph.D. and experience with teaching and research in a specific field.
Becoming an assistant professor is the first step to becoming tenured. An assistant professor’s duties usually include research, teaching, and academic advising in general, hence this is a very promising career.
Available Assistant/Associate Profession Jobs In Japan
An associate professor is a mid-level professor in a tenure-track position in between an assistant and full professorship.
An assistant professor becomes an associate professor when they achieve tenure, which is usually five to seven years into employment with a demonstration of exceptional teaching or research skills.
Now view the following vacancies by Tokyo University
1. Assistant Professor – University of Tokyo Faculty Position in Earth and Planetary System Science
The Department of Earth and Planetary Science, Graduate School of Science, the University of Tokyo invites applications for a position at the level of Assistant Professor in the field of Earth and Planetary System Science.
At the end of a five-year period there will be an assessment of the successful candidate’s achievements in research and education. The University of Tokyo is committed to gender equality in hiring.
- Ph. D. or an equivalent qualification
- A strong background in geological field studies.
- The ability to conduct research and education at the undergraduate and graduate levels in the field of Earth history and dynamics of the Earth system, and related topics.
- Sufficient Japanese ability for instruction at the undergraduate and graduate levels (where this is not possible at the time of appointment, this level of language proficiency is desired within five years).
In addition to their own research, the successful candidate will be expected to teach at both the undergraduate and graduate levels, including laboratory work and geological field studies.
2. Associate Profession – Department of Biotechnology（Laboratory of Enzymology）
Laboratory of Enzymology, Department of Biotechnology, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, The University of Tokyo seeks an associate profession.
- Research on enzymology and structural biology in the field of agricultural chemistry – (“Nogeikagaku”)
- Teaching responsibilities: (Department) Exercise in Biological Chemistry and Biotechnology, Experiments in Applied Biochemistry (Graduate School) Molecular Aspects of Biocatalysts, Life Science Technology-Frontier (I, II), Research in Biotechnology (I, II, III), Biotechnology Seminar, Biotechnology Special Seminar
- Ph.D., an equivalent qualification, or evidence that either will be obtained by the starting date.
- One who has outstanding research achievements and can actively and enthusiastically provide education and research guidance to undergraduate and graduate students.
- One who can promote world-leading research in enzymology and structural biology (e.g. cryo-electron microscopy) in the field of agricultural chemistry (“Nogeikagaku”).
- One who can provide education and research guidance in cooperation with Professor Shinya Fushinobu in the relevant field of study.
- One who can teach the above lectures and exercises
3. Assistant Professor
Recruit Information for Assistant Professor (Fixed-Term Staff) – School of International Health, Graduate School of Medicine, the University of Tokyo.
The department invites applications for a full-time faculty position in the School of International Health as an assistant professor.
The faculty member will contribute to and co-lead virology and international health research, particularly in areas of molecular virology (virus-host interactions, molecular epidemiology, host immune response, bioinformatics), vaccine and therapeutics development.
The faculty member will contribute to writing manuscripts and grants, co-lead and supervise projects and present at local and international conferences.
Additional responsibilities include lectures (undergraduate (in Japanese) and graduate), advising and supervising students and/or staff, and participate in faculty programs.
- Applicants must have a Ph.D. in Medical Sciences/Virology/Microbiology/Molecular Biology or a related discipline at the time of appointment, with a demonstrated record of excellence in research and teaching.
- Candidates must provide strong evidence of research of an internationally competitive caliber, in the area of virology, immunology, molecular biology or a related area as evidenced by a record of publications in leading journals in the field as well as presentations at significant conferences, accolades or awards.
- The successful candidate will be expected to participate and mount innovative and competitive externally-funded research programs in the field of virology and/or developmental medical science.
- Positive attitude, open-mindless to new challenges and environment, willingness to collaborate and good communications
4. Associate Professor – The Institute for Solid State Physics
ISSP is looking for highly motivated individuals to develop the pulsed high magnetic fields and carry out scientific research under the fields to be a global leader in the 100-Tesla science.
Researchers who are prepared to play a key role in the domestic joint usage and the international joint research of IMGSL to accelerate the high magnetic field collaboratory project are encouraged to apply.
The candidate must hold a Ph.D. or an equivalent degree, or be on track to earn one before the start date.
5. Project Assistant Professor at Kamioka Observatory
The Institute for Cosmic Ray Research (ICRR), The University of Tokyo, Japan, invites Project Assistant Professor positions at Kamioka Observatory to work on SuperKamiokande and Hyper-Kamiokande.
Job description: The successful applicants will conduct research in astroparticle physics at Super Kamiokande and participate in advancing the construction of the Hyper-Kamiokande detector.
Applicants should have or be about to obtain a Ph.D. in a related field by the time of employment.
Applications from applicants of all genders, nationalities, and levels of research experience are welcome.
How To Apply
To view and apply for any of the positions mentioned above refer to the link and make sure to read and digest the application method such as emails assigned to each position.
The Salary Of Assistant Profession In Japan
The average assistant professor gross salary in Yokohama, Japan is ¥8,635,986 or an equivalent hourly rate of ¥4,152.
Conclusion On Assistant Professor Jobs In Japan 2023/2024
You can see the above lists of Assistant Professor Jobs In Japan 2023/2024, with the additional benefits of your learning and working in a lovely place like Japan.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Assistant Professor Jobs In Japan 2023/2024; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Assistant Professor Jobs In Japan in 2023/2024 for foreigners to start applying for.
After your search, applying, and finally getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Assistant Professor Jobs In Japan 2023/2024 , with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.