Check out the Australian National University (ANU) and get impressed by the fact that it ranks among the top universities in Australia, having a reputation for conducting distinctive research and a high graduate employability rate.
It has a prestigious reputation where research, various courses, and workforce were a part of a degree and moreover, this university is the only government-funded university in Australia.
Therefore if you wish to study and gain more insights into the beautiful campus of ANU, then I admonish you to go through the detailed post made available below.
Details On The Australian National University (ANU)
The Australian National University (ANU) is a government-owned public research university located in Canberra, the capital of Australia.
Its main campus in Acton encompasses seven teaching and research colleges and several national academies and institutes.
The campus information is given below:
- Acton Campus: This campus is renowned for its landscape setting, with many trees and open space. It is located in the heart of Canberra.
- Kioloa Coastal Campus: This campus is a great place to learn and conduct research in a relaxed environment. This campus has been Australian National University’s coastal field station since 1975.
- Mount Stromlo Observatory: MSO is home to the ANU Research School of Astronomy and Astrophysics. It’s about 18km southwest of Canberra city.
- North Australia Research Unit Campus: This is a research facility with research centers, accommodation, and other essential logistic support for researchers of the surrounding region.
- Siding Spring Observatory: This is the largest optical observatory in Australia and is a significant site for astronomy, astrophysics, and space science in Australia
The Official website for Australian National University (ANU) is – https://www.anu.edu.au/study/apply.
The University Of Australian National University (ANU) Rankings
ANU is regarded as one of worlds’s leading universities and is
It is ranked as the number one university in Australia and the Southern Hemisphere by the 2023 QS according to World University Rankings
It is ranked second in Australia in the Times Higher Education rankings.
It is ranked 27th by the 2023 QS World University Rankings compared to other universities globally.
And also equal 54th by the 2023 Times Higher Education.
The ANU Acceptance Rate
The acceptance rate for the Australian National University is about 35% and is highly competitive. I can also say that they are open to accepting applications from both domestic and international students, provided that you’ve met their criteria.
Requirement To Study In ANU 2023
- You should have completed Australian Year 11 studies or the International Baccalaureate program for Year 11
- You will complete Australian Year 12 studies with an ATAR or an International Baccalaureate Diploma in November 2023
- You are required to check the program criteria.
- You should have completed year 12 at any time to study an undergraduate course.
- It would be best to hold an Associate Diploma, Diploma, or Advanced Diploma.
- Whichever way your application may be, you must choose course first.
Guideline / Processes To Apply As A Student Into The Australian National University
- Make sure to check their program requirement.
- After that, confirm your eligibility for your choice of course
- Prepare your transcripts or other documents
- Explore ANU scholarships
- Explore and apply for accommodation
- Submit your application through the Universities Admission Centre (UAC)
- You should see if it has any inherent requirements (this will be noted on the course page).
- You have completed at least one year of full-time equivalent (i.e., eight courses) at a university or college of advanced education at degree level.
- You may need to provide documentary evidence of your qualifications, co-curricular or service activities, name change, or program-specific documents.
- Suppose you have studied under a previous name. In that case, you must supply documentary evidence to prove your change of names, such as a marriage certificate, deed poll registration, or other registration with the appropriate Registry of Births, Deaths & Marriages.
- The application is assessed in fixed stages. All applicants will receive an initial outcome in August and, if applicable, an outcome in December or January.
Documents Needed For The ANU Application
- Official ID (birth certificate, citizenship documents, passport)
- Details of your senior secondary studies and current qualifications
- Documents supporting your co-curricular or service activities
- Documents supporting your eligibility for the National Access Scheme (academic, equity and elite athlete adjustment factors)
- Additional documentation may be required depending on your circumstance, they will let you know if anything else is needed during your application.
- Elite Athlete Friendly University (EAFU) Entry Scheme
- You can upload each document during the application process. You can also save your application and log back in to add them before the applications close.
How To Apply For The ANU Admission
- Direct applications for study in 2023 are open on 2 March 2023
- If you apply directly for study in 2023, your application will cover admissions, scholarships, and campus accommodation.
- Early offers made on 5 September 2023 are based on Year 11 results. ANU will honor these for study in 2023 as long as you complete Year 12 and receive an ATAR.
- If your Year 11 result doesn’t meet entry requirements, ANU will put you on our waiting list and automatically consider your application again based on your Year 12 results in the December/January offer round.
- ANU has adjusted our co-curricular or service requirement requirements due to the disruptions of COVID-19.
- Apply here by clicking on the link – https://www.apply-asa.anu.edu.au/anu/
Latest Ongoing Application For ANU Admission
|2 March 2023||Applications open|
|23 May 2023||Applications close|
|23 May 2023||Deadline to add Bachelor of Health Science as a preference**|
|30 May 2023||Deadline to upload any supporting documents for September Round consideration|
|5 September 2023||Offers released (September round, based on Year 11 results)|
|5 October 2023||Offer acceptance deadline (September round)|
|1 November 2023||Change of preference reopens for all programs except for Bachelor of Health Science|
|1 November 2023||Document upload reopens for Year 11 results, Co-Curricular activities and supporting documents for adjustment factors|
|10 November 2023||Deadline to add Bachelor of Visual Arts or Bachelor of Design as a preference**|
|30 November 2023||Deadline to add Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours) – Science and Bachelor of Philosophy (Honours)- Humanities and Social Sciences as a preference|
|30 November 2023||Document upload closes for any supporting documents|
|18 December 2023||Change of preference closes for the rest of the programs (December round)*|
|22 December 2023||Offers released (December round, based on the better of your Year 11 and Year 12 results)*|
|3 January 2023||Change of preference reopens for all programs except for programs with additional selection criteria** (January round)|
|5 January 2023||Change of preference closes (January round)*|
|9 January 2023||Offers released (January round, based on the better of your Year 11 and Year 12 results)*|
|24 January 2023||Final deadline to accept offers -December and January round (Academic + Scholarship) offers*|
|13 February 2023||ANU Orientation Week|
|20 February 2023||Classes commence|
Australian National University Fees
The Australian tuition fees are charged based on your individual course enrolment, for each course you enroll in has an associated fee that may be different from your other courses.
However, the Australian government pays a portion of the tuition fee for Commonwealth-supported students. The remaining amount is called ‘he ‘student contribution.
However, this is the average tuition fees
|Degree Type||Tuition Fees|
You can access their fees based on their portal under the courses – http://programsandcourses.anu.edu.au/.
There are over 411 scholarships available at the Australian National University (ANU) with various values; however, just a few will be highlighted below.
- A E Ringwood Supplementary Scholarship – Open all year round
- A&A Masters Higher Degree Research Award – Open all year
- ACTION Trust Honours Scholarship – Open all year
- Agent-Based Modelling Scholarship – Open all year
- ANU College of Arts and Social Sciences Study Tour and Field Trip Travel Grant – 30 June 2023(closing)
- ANU College of Business and Economics National Excellence Scholarship – 21 may 2023(closing)
- ANU College of Business and Economics Regional and Rural Relocation Scholarship – 23 May 2023(closing date)
- ANU College of Business and Economics Undergraduate Scholarship for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander – 23 May 2023
- ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science Advanced Computing Research & Development Female Excellence Scholarship – 23 May 2023
- ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science Engineering Research & Development Female Excellence Scholarship – 23 may 2023
Australian National University Courses
There are undergraduate, postgraduate, research and so many other courses that ANU provides for both domestic and international students to study and so some will be highlighted for you.
|Undergraduate Courses||Postgraduate Courses||Short Courses(graduate)|
Qualification Entry Into ANU
- ACT Year 12 Certificate/ Senior Secondary Certificate – A score of 170 or more in English as a Second Language (ESL) T primary. Alternatively, a pass result in any other English T Major course
- TOEFL – Paper-based score: 570 (min. 4.5 in TWE) and Internet-based score: 80 (min. 20 in reading and writing, 18 in speaking and listening)
- IELTS – 6.5 overall (min. 6.0 in each subtest)
- C1 Advanced (formerly CAE) – 2015 and onwards: 176 overall (min. 169 in each subtest)
- ‘C’ ‘A’ Levels (from UK or Singapore) with a c pass
Conclusion On Australian National University (ANU) Admission 2023/2024The application website gives crucial information related to the Australian National University (ANU) Admission 2023/2024 for candidates to start applying now.
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offer just like Australian National University (ANU) Admission 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.