Looking for a job at the airport? This is the article for you!
In this article, i will be addressing the various aspects, benefits, and importance of the airport in our day-to-day life and its effect in our world today by carefully explaining the different types of jobs available at the airport, their average pay, responsibilities, required qualifications and how to apply for them in the United States of AMERICA.
The airport offers a variety of fulfilling career paths that allow individuals to serve those who are travelling. Here is a list of standard and available jobs at the airport with their respective salaries. Read through, analyze and find a suitable/desirable airport job in the USA.
Table of Contents
Believe it or not, many airports, often those with the most significant passenger traffic, are hugely profitable. Over half of airport revenue comes from passenger fees included in your ticket price, while non-aeronautical activities generate the other roughly 40 per cent.
According to research, There are approximately 14,400 private-use (closed to the public) and 5,000 public-use (open to the public) airports, heliports, and seaplane bases. Approximately 3,300 of these public-use facilities are included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems (NPIAS).
The Airport, one of the busiest organizations in The United States, provides employment opportunities in different sectors that won’t give you a hard time choosing from. You can get the job of your choice and enjoy its benefits. There are at least 4000(four thousand) airports in the USA with more than 10+ different & lucrative job opportunities you should be able to select from.
Airport Job offers In The United States of America.
In no particular order, these are some of the standard airport jobs available throughout the USA;
- Aeronautical Engineer: The average salary for an aeronautical engineer ranges from $105,000 – $117,800 per year in the United States. Aerospace engineers primarily design aircraft, spacecraft, satellites, and missiles. They are employed in industries whose workers design or build aircraft, missiles, systems for national defence, or spacecraft. Aerospace engineers are employed primarily in manufacturing, analysis and design, research and development, and the federal government. Employment of aerospace engineers is projected to grow 8 per cent from 2020 to 2030, about as fast as the average for all occupations.\
- Aircraft Mechanic: The annual salary for aircraft mechanics ranges from $35,000 to $110,000. Also, hourly rates range from $20 to $50 per hour. As a result, the average annual median salary for aircraft mechanics is $73,050. Aircraft mechanics climb, reach, and balance on a plane’s exterior. Aircraft and avionics equipment mechanics and technicians work in hangars, repair stations, or on airfields.
- Flight Dispatcher: Major carrier salaries average approximately $60,000 for new hires and top out at around $150,000 annually. Both Express and Major carriers offer Aircraft Dispatchers opportunities to branch out within their offices and accept training on “Specially Qualified” desks. Flight dispatchers coordinate all activities on the ground at an airport to ensure the safe, quick, and efficient turnaround of aircraft from when they land to when they depart. They are also known as turnaround coordinators (TCOs) or load controllers.
- Airport Operations Manager: the average annual pay for an Airport Operations Manager in the United States is $62,613 annually. Just in case you need a simple salary calculator, that works out to be approximately $30.10 an hour.An airport operations manager is responsible for organizing and directing all airport operations and overseeing maintenance programs for airport facilities.
- Airport Engineer: An early career Airport Engineer with 1-4 years of experience earns an average total compensation (includes tips, bonus, and overtime pay) of $68,000 based on six salaries. In their late career (20 years and higher), employees earn an average total compensation of $98,000. As an airport engineer, your primary duties include planning and designing the construction of aviation facilities so that they are safe and functional. Airport engineers, like civil engineers, study maps, survey reports, and blueprints as part of the planning and design process.
- Airport Security Officer: The salaries of Airport Security Guards in the US range from $54,326 to $78,496, with a median salary of $62,284. They Provide security protection for civilian/commercial aviation, aircraft, and passengers. arrive at the scene. Assists motorists as needed. Inspects buildings and responds to fire and burglary alarms.
- Pilot: Pilots make a median salary of $130,440. The best-paid 25 percent make $208,000, while the lowest-paid 25 percent make $90,470. The pilot’s responsibilities include transporting passengers and cargo, determining the safest routes, analyzing flight plans and weather conditions, calculating fuel, and inspecting operation systems and navigation equipment.
- Airport manager: The average salary for an airport manager is $53,179 annually in the United States. The airport manager oversees all other employees and departments and manages the day-to-day operations as well as future airport planning. They may deal with many issues, but they are primarily responsible for airport safety, regulations, and budget planning.
- concentration skills.
- knowledge of transport methods, costs, and benefits.
- the ability to use your judgment and make decisions.
- the ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure.
- excellent verbal communication skills.
- complex problem-solving skills.
- to be thorough and pay attention to detail.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must possess a high school diploma.
- Must be able to pass a drug screening and medical evaluation.
- Pass a background investigation, which includes a credit check and a criminal check
- Oversees the general condition of taxiways, runways, and field lighting,
- Cleans, make minor repairs, and conducts preventive maintenance.
- Cares for grounds as directed.
- Makes minor repairs to equipment; reports major issues to supervisor for resolution by a master mechanic or other appropriate employee.
- Assigns temporary parking spaces, collects tiedown fees and maintains records of airport use for transient aircraft.
- Monitors hangar and tiedown areas, opens and closes gates, and assists in enforcing the rules and security of the airport.
- As part of the fire suppression team, assists as needed in emergencies until the appropriate fire department workers arrive.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- plan, coordinate, and direct the diverse activities required to maintain the proper standard of airport operations
- make sound judgments in emergencies and effectively direct and coordinate airport resources in such incidents
- analyze situations quickly and objectively, and determine and implement a proper course of action
- use computers and standard software for word processing, database management, and preparation of reports
- speak and write effectively, with particular emphasis on the expression of technical ideas
- maintain and prepare records
How To Apply For Airport jobs in the USA
These are the steps below:
- Click on the ‘Apply Now ‘ button below
- Fill in the crucial details or information
- On the other side, you will get to see the registered word (click on it)
- Ensure to surf through the available Airport jobs on the website
- Then click to submit.
Airport Jobs In the USA Salary
The average Airport job in the USA is $12 to $26 per hour, While per year, it is about $25,500 to $54,000
Conclusion on Airport jobs in the USA
You can see the above lists of Airport Jobs In the United States of America, with the additional benefits of learning and working in a strategic environment.
Now’s your chance, with this selection of Jobs In the USA; you, therefore, have no limitation in taking them up to start your work.
The article above gives crucial information about the Jobs In the USA For 2023/2024 to start applying.
After your search, applying and getting recruited, you can enjoy a rich and rewarding extra dimension to your life and work to gain a beautiful experience.
As you get updates about Airport Jobs In the USA 2023/2024, please bookmark our website Aimglo and share this post with your friends.
Here at Aimglo, we provide you with Recruitment, Scholarship you need, and Latest Job Offer; if you find these Articles helpful, kindly like, share, and comment; share this post with your friend who may need Recruitment offers; Last Updated: September 17, 2023
Also, don’t forget to bookmark our website Aimglo, as we continue to provide you with the best School and Job Offers, just like Jobs In the USA For 2023/2024, with all Articles posted on our Aimglo being Accurate and free from Misinformation.